FOUR

Long story short, riley had a lot to think about last night.

like the fact she had feelings for stiles. really really serious feelings that have suddenly resurfaced.

or the fact that she's deluded herself into believing she has a long lost twin sister, and is trying to do everything in her power to find her, even though she has no idea what her name is, where she lives, or what happened to her.

and she was not about to ask her grandma. if she was wrong, she would have to go back to therapy. riley hated therapy.

but riley had been searching all day. random books, old scrapbooks, the attic, the basement, even her mom's old journal. and nothing was there. nothing. maybe she had just imagined it all, maybe she didn't have a sister. maybe this, maybe that.

riley was now, laying on the living room couch, doing her homework, as the doorbell rang. before she could get up to open it however, her gramma already had, and neither of them were surprised to see stiles standing there all jittery and over-hyped.

riley chuckled, as she filled in the last bubble, choosing c, for her english multiple choice packet, and stuffed it in her backpack, before standing up. "hey stiles. what's up?" she asked as she set her backpack in the hall closet, not feeling like running all the way upstairs.

"scott said he needs to talk to us." stiles explained. "he found something. something big. and it could help out my dad. can you come?"

riley looked up at her grandma, since she needed his permission. "of course bean. love you, have fun." dorothy smiled, as he kissed his daughter on the head. "thanks gramma. i love you. and make sure you eat! i made vegetable soup earlier, it's on the middle shelf." riley exclaimed to her grandmother, as she grabbed her jacket off the ground, and stiles grabbed her arm, pulling her out the door quickly.

the two rushed out of the door, towards the blue jeep. he was in a major hurry, so much that his car was still running and hadn't been locked. "how much a-" riley started, but was cut off. "a lot." stiles sighed. "a lot of adderall."

riley chuckled as she slowly went to clip her seat belt. but stiles was so impatient, he leaned over the girl, to the point where his head as on her chest and clicked the seat belt in quickly, for her. "oh!" riley exclaimed in confusion as stiles bounced, and started driving.

about five minuets later, stiles pulled up at scott's house, quickly jumping out of the jeep and rushing through the front door of the residence without so much as a knock. "um ok.." riley muttered in confusion, as she got out out of the car, and walked up to the front door, going inside.

she walked upstairs, to scott's room and entered. scott was on the edge of his bed, while stiles stood a few inches away from him, and riley stood beside stiles. the two both looked frantic, as riley waited for scott to tell her what this was about so she could go home and do her science homework.

"i found something at derek hale's." scott finally spoke. "what are you serious?" stiles asked, with widened hazel eyes.

"there was something buried there. i could smell blood." scott explained with a sigh. "what?" riley asked, as she leaned onto stiles, ignoring the feeling of warmth it brought her to do so. "that's awesome!" stiles exclaimed, causing riley to look at him in confusion, as he corrected himself.

"i mean, that's terrible. whose blood?"

"i don't know." scott sighed, as he stood up slowly. "but when we do, your dad nails derek for the murder. and then you help me figure out how to play lacrosse without changing. because, there is no way i'm missing that game."

stiles grinned proudly and excitedly, while scott threw his lacrosse stick on the bed, as riley took in the words he had just said before gasping. "what do you mean when we do?" she asked in panic knowing exactly where this was going. "well..."

•••

the three teens walked through the entrance of beacon hills hospital which was kind of a normal occurrence for them. whether it be visiting scott's mom, melissa mccall, who happened to work there, or because riley and stiles were adventurous and clumsy and had almost broken every bone at least once.

riley pointed to the sign that read 'morgue' before turning to scott in worry. "try not to get caught, please." she sighed as scott nodded with a small smile. "and good luck." stiles sighed, because he was just as worried.

stiles and riley then walked into the waiting room, taking seats beside each other, as riley leaned her head on stiles shoulder. stiles then leaned his head on riley's before speaking up. "tired?" he questioned. "yeah." riley mumbled in reply.

"something else is wrong." stiles sighed, because he knew riley all to well. "well i feel likethere's a family secret." riley explained, although that wasn't the only or main reason. "what else?" stiles questioned knowingly.

"some new information has came to light..." riley lied, because she wasn't quite ready to tell stiles she visioned it. "what do you mean?" stiles asked in confusion. "it's just um.. i found some things.." she faltered, trying to find a way to tell him.

"some things that are telling me.." she sighed. "telling my that.."

"come on riley, it's me." stiles mumbled. "i think i have a sister. a twin sister." riley spluttered. "no i don't think, i'm sure." she corrected. "oh god you probably think i sound crazy." riley groaned. "like there's no way i have a long lost twin."

"no, you don't sound crazy." stiles assured riley. "after everything we've learned, anything is possible." he finished. "yeah, i guess." riley responded. "if you want, we could do research, and i could help you figure it out." stiles offered, causing riley to sit up and look at him.

"you'd really do that for me?" she asked with a confused look on her face, since she thought he'd for sure think she was crazy.

stiles looked in riley's eyes before smiling. "i'd do anything for you." he replied.

it was so meaningful, so passionate it made riley's heart burst.

riley leaned over her chair, hugging stiles tightly, as he hugged her back just as tight. just as stiles was about to speak, lydia martin's voice rang through he and riley's ears, causing them to turn their heads.

"did they do it?" she asked hopefully. jackson stood in front of her, probably here for his injured shoulder. he rubbed his shoulder, before speaking up. "he said not to make a habit out of it, but one cortisone shot won't kill me." jackson explained with a small shrug.

lydia smiled, before speaking again. "you should get one right before the game too." jackson glared at the statement, as lydia sighed. "the pros do it all the time. you want to be a little high school amateur? or... do you want to go pro?" she smirked.

she then grabbed his arms, leaning in to kiss him. the began to make out in the middle of the hallway, causing riley to let out a small gag. she loved lydia, but that was disgusting. stiles did the same, as scott suddenly appeared in front of the two, causing them to jump.

"the scent was the same." he confirmed.

"are you sure?" stiles asked, because he didn't want to do all this for nothing.

scott nodded in reply before speaking, "yes."

riley sighed before speaking. "so he did bury the other half of the body, outside his house."

stiles smirked as he grabbed riley's arm, dragging her sown the hallway behind him. he did that a lot, but riley was sue to it. "i say we use it." he spoke.

"how?" the raven haired girl asked. stiles didn't respond to her question, but instead turned to scott who was walking. "tell me something first." stiles started causing riley to frown. "are you doing this because you want to stop derek, or because you want to play in the game, and he said you couldn't?"

"there were bite marks on the legs, stiles. bite marks." scott replied, avoiding the question.

riley shuddered at the thought, as stiles nodded. "okay, then we're going to need a shovel." stiles remarked, before turning on his heel and walking off, leaving his two best friends stunned.