TWO

Moments after the game ended, riley swindler stood outside the locker rooms waiting. about five minuets later, after tapping her feet impatiently and humming to nothing, stiles appeared outside of the door. riley gasped of relief, as she was ready to leave.

"stiles it's after five, i wanna go home." riley reminded the boy beside her. "i know. i know!" he muttered. they walk to the boy's blue jeep quickly and strap themselves in driving quietly.

riley's eyes widened when the boy driving the car, passed the stop for her her house and kept moving. "uhhh! really stiles?!" she mutters in annoyance. the boy sighed, hoping the teenage girl wouldn't notice he wasn't dropping her home, just yet. "we need to find scott. he lost his inhaler."

"scott has two arms and legs, and a mildly functioning brain? can't he find the inhaler himself?" riley questioned with a frown.

stiles raised his brows at the girl before replying. "you mean in the same woods where he found a dead body? and got bit?"

"good point." riley sighed, finally giving in. scott was gonna need all the help he could get.

the girl sat bat and looked out of the window, not bothering to put up a fuss. "but we have to be quick, i don't want my gramma to worry." riley siged.

moments later the three best friends were silent as they began to walk through the woods, following the same trail they did the night before. scott led the way, seeing as he was out here the longest and was in more than one spot.

scott jumped into a small stream; the dirty water spraying his blue jeans and soaking his sneakers. oh hell no. riley stopped in disgust, as she looked down at her freshly brought boots and frowned. stiles turned around, sensing the girl's distaste and chuckled.

he hopped into the stream, grabbing riley's hand softly causing her to look at him with a small smile. he ushered her onto a nearby log, as she walked across it slowly, trying to avoid losing her balance and falling. just as riley felt her weight give in, and almost fell harshly, stiles yanked her quickly.

she regained her balance, chuckling. "my knight in shining armor." she teased with a small curtsy.

"of course. you're my best friend." he smiled.

riley gives an unnoticeable wince at the word best friend.

she felt it, but she didn't understand it.

stiles was her best friend. nothing more, nothing less. right?

scott looked at the two of them knowingly, before speaking up. "i-i don't know what it was. it was like i had all the time in the world to catch the ball. and that's not the only weird thing."

"what the hell is weirder than you being good at lacrosse?" riley sassed.

stiles snorted lowly, earning a side glance from scott. "i-i can hear stuff i shouldn't be able to hear. " he falters. "smell things."

"smell things?" the stilinski boy asked in skepticism. "like what?" he scoffed.

"like the mint mojito gum in your pocket." scott claims, before turning to riley. "and the chili you still haven't eaten."

riley's eyes widened, as she knew for a fact she had a tupperware container of chili that she had only taken a bite out of. stiles looked at his bestfriend is disbelief, as though he thinks scott is crazy.

"i don't even have any mint mojito--" stiles argues but is cut off when riley swiftly stuck her hand in the boys pants making him squirm.

riley checked the inner breast pocket of his blazer and found, much to both of their surprise, that there was a single piece of folded-up mint mojito gum, just as scott sensed. scott raised both of his arms to the side as if to say, i told you so. stiles considered this for a moment before he continued.