forty six

The phone I gripped to tightly in my hand just dropped to the hard floor, the loud thumping in my heart won't stop as Jaeyoon ran frantically to me with a piece of bread stuck to her mouth. "--I heard something. What happened? oh my god, did you just let your iphone 12 pro fall just like that? Did you know how expensive this shit is?" she picked up the phone and wiped the dust using her shirt "Holy shit, it cracked! Jaehyun what were you doing--"  My hands trembled as I imagined the worst.  what if he didn't make it?

What if-- 

I felt a hard pang in my cheek, Jaeyoon gripped my shoulders tightly "Oi, take a deep breath." I quickly took a deep breath "and exhale that shit, seriously. What's with you? are you okay?"  she asked visibly concerned.

"Tae..he got into an accident." I said while clenching my eyes tight, imagining the worst.

Jaeyoon gasped "Woah, holy shit. Wait that's kinda sus."

I glared at her "what is? he just got into a car crash what's sus about that?"

she furrowed her eyebrows "I mean, he just left, he couldn't possibly gone far." she checks her watch "Look, he only left for like 20 minutes tops. And he got into an accident here? a small neighbourhood with a little to no cars at this hour. This whole situation is sus."

now that I think of it, he couldn't possibly arrived at the main road in 20 minutes if he's walking, and she's right, a lot of people in this neighbourhood is asleep at this hour, and they always prefer walking over taking a car.

She sensed my confusion and quickly pushes me to the door "I know this is all so confusing, but go visit him first. Think about this later, he probably needs you." she hands over my jacket that was resting beside the door "Take my car, I'll take the cab to the airport later." she handed me her keys "Also, explain to him about his little misunderstanding. I know he cares a lot about you." She grins "And I know you care a lot about him too."

She closed the door in front of my face, basically shooing me to the hospital. I rubbed my face and take a deep breath.

I put on my coat and head to her car.

Something about all this doesn't add up, how did Taeyong got to the hospital so fast if he just left the house? If someone did a hit and run, they'd probably left Taeyong all alone. Then again, he's in the hospital right now.

Seriously, what is happening?

-

the calm before the storm.