forty nine

It was currently 4:23 in the morning, the three couple is sleeping soundly at their bedroom, After a traumatic experience for renjun, the pair immediately went to his aide and comfort him all day. After hours of cuddling, The three decides to went to bed, as it was already late at night.

Renjun woke up with a sore throat, he wiggled around trying to escape Jaemin and Jeno's hold. After finally being free, he groggily walk to the kitchen with the lights closed. After all, this is his house. Electric bills are expensive nowadays.

He bent down to pick up his mug that was in the fridge when he heard a clang.

He squinted his eyes, trying to get used to the darkness. After adjusting his eyes for a bit, he noticed that there were nothing there.

Fuck, is there a rat in my house?

He brings out the mug and stared at a wall for a solid 10 second before laughing and shakes his head.

Nah..This is a private condo, rats couldn't possibly climb up all the way to the room with 20 levels.

he drank the water slowly, relief that his throat was slowly getting better.

BANG!

"Oh? you caught my bat this time." a voice speaks behind renjun as he shakily blocks the bat using his free hand.

"You think I'd fell for that the second time, bitch? Ever since you hit me I've been feeling peoples aura for a while now and I'm officially immune to chloroform after drinking ten bottles of bleach for safety precautions you sick fuck." He gripped the bat and glared at the unknown eyes.

The man furrowed his eyebrows "That's kinda creepy, are you satan or something-"

"Bitch, I'm motherfucking Lucifer." He hold his mug tightly and swiftly bashed it over to the man's head, making a thousand pieces of ceramic hit the floor. The man cried out in pain as he felt the blood from the side of his head gushing out, he slowly falls down to the floor as he lost his consciousness.

Renjun's hand felt disturbingly wet, and this time, he grinned while seeing the unknown man toppled down to the floor.

The door to their bedroom opens and a frantic disheveled looking pair come rushing over to renjun.

"Junnie, we heard a scream. Is it your panic attacks again?" Jaemin asked worryingly

"Are you okay? what're you doing out of bed? come on let's go back to--why is your hand wet?" Jeno asked as he felt his boyfriend hands that's drenched in a somewhat sticky liquid.

"Junnie, what's going on--HOLY SHIT!" Jaemin jumped as he stepped over the unconscious man.

He hurriedly went to hug Jeno that was in shock as well "Ju--junnie? what happened here?" Jaemin said while pointing at the man.

Renjun turned on the lights, all three of them blank out trying to adjust to the lighting. After 10 seconds of blinking rapidly, all three of them finally able to see properly, and the first thing the two pair sees is the bleeding man and Renjun with his right hand covered in blood.

That night ended with Jaemin fainting and Jeno contemplating his life choices while renjun tucks sweet baby Jaemin to sleep.

Needless to say, mission get Huang Renjun is a no go.

-

"Should we be worried about this?" Jeno asked as he found a little notebook tucked into the man's jacket.

Renjun scoot over to Jeno and ponders "What is that? Open it."

Jeno opened the notebook and it says,

Checklist

1. Moon Taeil ✔️23/12

2. Kim Doyoung ✔️ 24/12

3. Lee Taeyong ✔️ 28/12

4. Jung Jaehyun ✔️ 28/12

5. Wong Kunhang ✔️ 29/12

6. Liu Yangyang ✔️ 29/12

7. Huang Renjun

"Renjun, You're next in the list!" Jeno gasped.

Renjun looked at Jeno confusedly "I thought we already establish that." he points the the man laying on the floor.

Jeno furrowed his eyebrows "That's strange, there's no nana and me."

He flipped it over to the new page.

Both of them gasped at the name that was in the notebook.

The name itself was quite special. It was the only name that covered the entire page.

The name reads "Dong Sicheng" with dark, ugly hearts written all over the name.