3. Talented Uchiha

Hostility. I can describe those looks so well. 

I stood outside of the hokage's building, waiting for father to consult the hokage to bring me into the academy. Well, despite my physical age, my mental one is more than a twenty years old guy. I would've been a father to a child if not for my repeated death. The required age to attend the academy is mostly at eight. There was no reason not to accept a younger child, but father's compulsive behavior is unstoppable, not until he reconfirms everything. 

And while i stand here waiting like a statue myself, people were stealing glances and whispered to each other each time they passed in front of me. The air was suffocating, their looks were suffocating, i kept my composure nevertheless. 

"Don't show your weakness." 

Those words rang in the back of my mind. People tend to take advantage of you, my past father would tell us three to act carefully, to mind our manner and to be proud of our clan. Yes, pride is a big deal in Uchiha. Even so my current father didn't seem to mind about it. He was loyal, checked. He was dutiful, checked. Responsible? I'm not quite sure. Sometimes he did, sometimes not. Nonetheless, when he did, he was a great person. In spite of those, people seem to dislike him. Even more, they would turn to me. 

'The son of the unfortunate.'

'The child of a deceitful Uchiha.'

'The loner.'

Father is famous for being hardworking. He rose to a quite a high ranked shinobi despite his average abilities and skills. People envied him, saying that he got in through the back door. I didn't think he did however. They were the least proud of father, trusting in an obviously false rumors. And never once would they investigate the truth. Why would they? After all, gossiping and bad news are the most fun thing to talk about. Even if someone reveals the truth, they would still believe in lies since it's more interesting that way. I understand why father never bothered to clear his name. It would render his statements useless.

Ha, again, i'm tired of these staring and glaring. I wanted to throw out, i almost couldn't breathe. Yet, i had to stay prideful and unbothered. The least i can do to show that i'm not guilty, my father's not guilty. The reason of having fear is always because of wrongness. When someone is right, they would always appear brave and confident. I have to be confident, to show that we're not in the wrong. 

I wish father was done with the Hokage's permission. Only then we could leave, but it doesn't seem like it would be over anytime soon. We just got here for like half an hour and it felt way too long. The stiffling heat of the summer season caused my sweat to drop from every pore of my body. I wiped the pouring sweat from my hairline, breathing a little of the suffocating air. I can never get used to the sun. I'd preferred the night. Calm and cold, breezy and quiet. Especially in the Uchiha's compound. 

A sigh escaped my mouth as i reached my limit, i need to take a shelter and probably get myself a drink. I walked away from the building. I can't get too far away or it would be difficult for father to come and find me. I would really like to avoid father's overly concern and his engrossed state of mind for me if possible. I didn't want to get another long lecture of his in this summer heat.

As i walking through the street, my eyes shifted to here and there, searching for any food stall. Might as well getting some snacks to fill this empty stomach. I did skip breakfast after all. I didn't have much ryo but enough for some snacks and a drink. I wouldn't have skip breakfast if not for my terrible anxiety. I can't deny that i have this terrible anxiety of confronting the crowds. I never had to before because i'm always by myself. Or before, i have always been with Madara and Izuna.

The smell of sweets pierced through my nose as i came to a halt. I realised that i have been walking where there were less people here. That's right, less people the better it is.