14. Mistake

A/N : First of all, i'm sorry for the unstability of updates. I'm fully occupied with my study. And ofc writer's block.

*

*

*

Uchiha Hamada was once an anbu. He became a highly skilled shinobi at a young age, true to his noble blood. In the clan, he had claimed his rights to be under the clan leader's list of the next right hand man. However, the achievements he had were nothing but the expectations he had to fill for his parents. He was an obedient child with strict parents but everyone respected the family and their heir.

When they died in a mission, Uchiha Hamada was left alone to decide what he wanted to do next in his life. He really had no idea until he met a woman that changed his life. She was as ordinary as he could think of, a clanless florist that helps in with the Yamanaka and down to earth, her smile was the warmest.

Hamada couldn't leave her out of sight. He didn't favour the flowers as much if it's not for her. Who knew that his every week presence at the flower shop would make himself noticed by the woman called Natsuno. They started with a simple greeting to having a small conversation and finally going out together.

Somehow, they ended up in a marriage. Hamada quit his life as an anbu and his peers were disappointed in him. He married an ordinary woman, not to mention he wanted to quit being a shinobi. However, he couldn't run away from his clan's duty- Fugaku asked him to stay. It would be very wasted of his knowledges if he quit being a shinobi overall. Natsuno didn't mind, so he gave up ever asking Fugaku to make him an exception-- in a few conditions, he didn't want the attention and wished to delete the records of his achievements. He deserves at least that for his past contributions and the Uchiha's leader agreed, never asking why out of respect.

After a year and a half, Natsuno had shown signs of pregnancy. They didn't expect her illness was a sign that she would soon be conceiving a child, nevertheless they were overjoyed. Hamada gave her his full attention, he didn't attend any of the clan's meetings until the baby was at least six months old.

Natsuno had hoped her child would be as humble as Hamada, as beautiful as the flowers. If it was a girl, she would be named "Hana", she would be as graceful as a flower and if it's a boy, "Guren". He would be as strong as a burning flame.

When the baby reached nine months old and at its peak, Hamada wasn't there. He was occupied with work, unaware of his wife's condition until she was sent to the hospital. Fortunately, Natsuno had Hanako as her company at the time. She was the one that had went to find Hamada and told him about Natsuno.

Hamada arrived at the hospital and was immediately given a devastating news. His wife, unfortunately can't be saved. Only god knows how shocking that was. Hamada mourned her for weeks with a baby in his embrace. A baby named after the crimson coloured-lotus. Once again, he had no idea what to do in his life. Not after the reasons for his life gone, leaving the child she bore with him. Hamada became lifeless, just like he was in the beginning.

Guren grew up just like she wanted. Humble and obedient. He resembled Natsuno so much that Hamada couldn't help but feels sad everytime he looks at the boy. So he occupied himself with piled up works and more works, until the child was two years old. He finally felt like he should at least spend some times with him. He felt guilt because they never had a proper communication. So he read him stories- he never said anything about his wife, fearing the overwhelmed sadness that might appear- Or taught him how to read. It wasn't much because he hadn't felt familiar yet being a single father.

Guren learned the rest by himself and he somehow never complained. He never said a word to his irresponsible father. All Guren did was training and until now, Hamada never did find out how he learns so fast. Of course he knows that Guren was unique, but when he found out that Guren had his Sharingan awakened, he felt another dreadful guilt. How could he not noticed? How could he not realised that his son was a genius?