15. Shocking News

Zetsu didn't even have to send his signal, Guren was already aware what he had to do. The only thing stopping him was his fear. He had stole so many lives before but he hesitated when it comes to the man in front of him. His father had protected him close, he felt safe eventhough Zetsu was on his side. He felt the warmth of Hamada seeping through his heart.. So why did he do it? Why did his hands moved and stained themselves, pretending like the warmth he felt didn't exist.

He couldn't look at his father's face, but he never shut his eyes closed. In fact, they were opened wide enough to see the blood dripping on the ground. He had his lips bitten and he could taste a faint metal in his mouth. But he stood there nonetheless, acting cold. He was trembling but he didn't shed a single tear as he watched the man fell limp on the ground. And it stayed like that for awhile until Zetsu finally interrupted.

"It's done, you know what to do." Zetsu walked closer. "I'll go report it to Madara."

"Wait--" Guren mumbled in a weak voice, kneeling in front of the dead body. His fingers trailed slowly, from Hamada's jaw to his wet cheek, as if seeking the warmth from earlier-- he flinched, before continuing to touch his eyelids. Then with a little strength he could muster, he pushed his fingers, starting with his index and grabbed the lifeless orb. He pushed himself up and offered Zetsu his fist. "Here, until i said i need it, you will store it safely. And please tell Madara that i don't feel like going back just yet. And.. replace his eyes with another.."

"Understood. I'll see you another time then." He finished before disappearing from Guren's view.

Guren didn't know what to feel anymore. His thoughts and feelings were in a jumble. He didn't feel like crying but instead he felt mentally and physically exhausted. His palms were sticky, covered with blood mixed with his own sweat. It was filthy, the smell of strong metalic blood pierced his nose. He wanted to get rid of it. Everything. He really should find a river to clean himself, he thought.

Guren took a final glance of his father, the last one before they separate.. He was sure that Hamada had shed his tears earlier. His wet cheek was a proof. But was it because he was afraid to die? With a final goodbye, Guren took a heavy step away from the dead body and left. He didn't realise how hard he had clenched his fist along the way.

*

*

*

*

Obito and Genji arrived at the scene a bit too late. When they did, Obito had a look of horror on his face. He saw a corpse, not any corpse but someone he was very familiar with and respected. The corpse of Uchiha Hamada, the father of his little best friend. Genji regretted that they couldn't arrive earlier but there was nothing he could do but watch as Obito fell on his knees, screaming in frustration and overwhelmed sadness.

Genji inspected the area. There were signs of blood pooling in a few spots other than Uchiha Hamada's. However, he can't find any trace. There were probably a few fights here and the other two bodies were deliberately removed elsewhere. "What really happened?" He murmured.

Suddenly, Obito abruptly stood on his feet. "Where's Guren? We have to find him!"

"Right, lets go. But first, i have to report regarding this. We have to bring the corpse back."

Obito had his fists clenched tightly at his sides. A vein popped out his temples, "I.. won't forgive who ever did this to Hamada-san." He said through gritted teeth, earning a frown from Genji. But the older man couldn't utter a word. He understood the anger coming from the boy.

*

*

*

*