11. Missing

Third Person POV

A week has passed since the C rank mission was entrusted to the fresh graduates, and there had not been a sign, not even one of a report from the genins of Team 10, the one under Tori Genji. If it had not been because of the piled up documents he received- the ones that contained requests of the small countries in protecting them from getting caught in the war and also the ones that constantly tell the situations in the battlefield- the third hokage would have noticed the team's absence of their mission's current condition. He only realised when his subordinate, Uchiha Hamada's note that he kept under a book was pulled out in the middle of his work. He was reminded with the favor of passing the note to Hamada's son. When he did, he remembered sending Guren's team out for a mission, so he had his assistant find out if there were any reports coming from the team which, to his dismay, were none.

His assistant tried to contact them using one of the hawk they had in the information unit, but even after a few tries they received no replies. Instead, the hawk came back with the letter untouched on its leg. Hiruzen had confirmed then, that the team was indeed in trouble.

The elderly man had trouble trying to send people out for the search. Because of the current ongoing war where the village was also involved, Konoha was lacking in the number of active shinobi. They had casualties in the past and resulted in losing a large sum of strong Jounins and Chunins included. The ones that guarded the village and replaced most of the Jounins were the shinobis from Anbu. So Hiruzen was in dilemma, he could only send a small number of shinobi for the search. He could not send anymore than a team of three Anbu to investigate Team 10's current condition. However, it was also risky, considering how there was a report of enemy ninjas that has breached the fire country's border. Both Anbu and Jounin level were needed to prevent those that has intruded into the land or worst, reaching Konoha.

And then he had reached a conclusion. A team of a balance that was lead by the Jounin, Namikaze Minato. They know the child of Hamada's best and out of all the teams that had not been given a mission, he believed that Team 7 of Minato was the best decision he could make for the time being. Minato was strong, he had his eye on the Jounin for so long and trusted him. There was also Kakashi, the genius son of the deceased Hatake Sakumo. Hiruzen believed they can be entrusted with the search so he immediately sent out the order to Minato.

"An order to search out for Guren's team?" Kushina raised her eyebrows, hands still wiping the plate clean. "Is there something wrong with them?"

Minato nodded as he helped his wife clearing the dishes, "They couldn't get in contact with the team. I just found out that their mission was in the village near the land of fire's border. It is risky to walk there at this current moment."

The female Uzumaki couldn't help feeling worried after listening to Minato's words. The children on Minato's team were considered her own, this also includes Guren eventhough he was just associated with the team somehow. But his presence was equal to Obito, Rin and Kakashi. They were all precious to Kushina just as they were to Minato. Her hands stopped from drying out the fragile glass, "The war. I heard that hokage-sama had already sent ninjas there, to fight off the enemies that has reached the land. Isn't it supposed to be dangerous sending Guren's team off there before, even for a mission?"

Minato landed his gaze on his beloved, his lips were stretched in a thin line, "It's true. There is a possibility that the enemy had already encountered Guren's team. But it was an unexpected event. They should've halt the enemy's activity and the reports received was a little later after Guren went for the mission." He paused, sending Kushina a reassuring smile, "But it's fine, i'm going to find Guren and bring him back."

After locking her gaze with Minato's, Kushina couldn't help but let out a small smile as she nodded. She believed in Minato and she was an optimist. "If Guren comes back injured, i'll give him some of mine ya know!" She chimed, scrunching her face in determination as Minato chuckled.