8. The Unexpected part 2

Third Person POV

A perfect Sharingan is capable of doing much more than when it has only two or less tomoe. Guren was limited with moves unless he had a perfect Sharingan. The three tomoe Sharingan would unlock his ability for genjutsu and also sublimely improving his insight to an incredible perception. In short, he can read the enemy's movement much better and reacts faster.

Sharingan is a capable dojutsu, probably far superior in terms of power than Hyuuga clan's dojutsu, Byakugan. Although unlike Sharingan, Byakugan has greater insight with wide line of view and is one of the great dojutsu in the history as it came from the Otsutsuki's lineage itself. Guren believed that Sharingan is much better suited to him however.

When he's in difficult situations, having a kekkei genkai- a powerful, most feared dojutsu at that- is very helpful. Seeing the enemy right now and how he was frozen, Guren briefly reminisced his brothers' intimidating glare towards the enemies and he was sure that it was the least pleasant sight.

When his opponent staggered upon the glowing scarlet, Guren took the opportunity to observe the man and recollect his thoughts. Unlike earlier, he felt a tad bit calm. The lingering fear of death was still there but he kept the displeasing emotions at bay. It would be better for him to start focusing on defense and prepare an offense strategy. But when he thought of doing so, the assassin thrusted himself forward instead, seemingly daunted by the sudden change in Guren's eyes. Guren was left with no time to think and the only thing he could do was either dodge or parry the attack.

He was lucky the Sharingan was able to keep up with his enemy's quick movements, better than it did before. If he didn't perfect it, he would probably be on the ground by now.

As Guren flipped a few steps backwards landing his feet steadily on the ground, the man in his black ninja outfit weaved another signs. Guren grunted when a barely visible chakra was emitted from his kunai.

"That is the famous Uchiha clan's Sharingan isn't it? I don't know what happened but it suddenly seemed more dangerous than it did before."

Guren didn't even bother to respond as he stared into the man's eyes, causing his enemy to flinch slightly. Guren couldn't help but panted heavily along with his rapid heartbeat. He had used much bigger motions than what he had trained his body.

From what it looked like, the enemy is at least a chunin level ninja. If he was a jounin level, Guren could've sworn he can't keep up with his current level. Unless of course, if his enemy was underestimating him then yes he could be a jounin who was going easy on a child. But Guren wanted to believe otherwise. Even with a perfected Sharingan, it was not a short cut to survive. He was slowly losing stamina.

Guren had no choice but to unleash a few jutsus in mind. He quickly weaved his own signs as the man snickered, running towards the boy. "Let's get serious."

"Fire Style," Guren inhaled the air and focus his chakra inside, "-Great Fireball Jutsu."

The intense heat from his radiant fire crept to his skin, reminding him that this jutsu could burn the forest and endangered anyone close. Guren wanted to avoid damaging the environments but he wasn't sure if he could manage that. The only element he can use is fire after all.

He was pulled out of his thoughts when his fire suddenly vapored into the air as it produced hissing steam. He realised too late that his enemy had countered him with a water style jutsu. He grunted again because nothing was going his way. He didn't expect any of these. The worst thing that could happen was meeting someone who could counter his fire element and it exactly happened.

Guren sprinted his way through the mist with his sharingan activated as he swung his Wakizashi, slashing the man's unguarded legs. This time, he was sure it was deep. The man screamed in pain as he reached out his hand to grab Guren. However, Guren was faster. He had already predicted his enemy's movement with his Sharingan so he rolled to the side and jumped on the nearest branch. His hands weaved another signs, "Fire Style: Fire Phoenix."