Chapter 65:- A Place

Začít od začátku

However, when he turned sideways, Charlus found himself face to face with a girl with dark jet hair and cerulean blue eyes. She was staring at him with the most peculiar expression, her elbows were propped against the edge of the bed and on her head sat an eevee, as puzzled as she was.

What intrigued Charlus was the familiar look she bore, the striking resemblance with another jet haired woman in his life.

"Um, hello."

She narrowed her eyes on him with suspicion.

"Who... who are you?"

She stared at him without blinking, just like her eevee.

"Where am I?"

The girl finally blinked, she took a deep breath and said, "You dye you hair, don't you?"

Charlus frowned, "What?"

"Your hair, it was brown when you first came and now it's... well, it looks atrocious."

The brunet was taken aback, he desperately searched for a mirror but the room didn't have any.

"Here," the girl took out a small pocket mirror, "have a look yourself."

Charlus snatched the mirror from the little girl with a little force, his heart thumped as he took look at himself in the mirror. But much to his amazement, his hair looked finally... normal. Every since he'd started dyeing, there was a fakey element present. It was not at all atrocious, if anything, it was perfect.

The brunet looked at the little girl with bewilderment, only one person had dared to make fun of his hair even when they were perfect.

That person was lying in a hospital bed.

"What is you name girl?"

"Alice Grace," said a familiar voice.

Charlus turned towards the source and found Alain leaning towards the door, a big smile spread on his face.

"Dad!" The little girl ran towards Alain, her eevee tailing behind her.

Alain laughed in amazement as he picked up the little bundle of lying shit, she clearly wasn't 'joy' because if she was, she would've managed to notice the awesomeness that was his hair.

"Go on, mommy is waiting for you!" He patted her on the back and send her running.

Alain smiled until her footsteps faded into silence, however the little smile died down as he face Charlus. A sigh escaped his face as he sat down next to the injured brunet.

"Alice Grace" Charlus thought, "Gralice... you named her after Grace?"

"Of course," he said, "they're both alike after all."

"That they are..." Charlus took a deep breath, "where am I and what is... going on?"

"You're in the Chewa Island, Kalos."

"Chewa?"

Alain nodded, "It isn't on any map... my family and our Pokemon are it's only inhabitants."

The brunet couldn't help but frown, "Family?"

"My wife and my... daughter," a big smile broke on his face, "you were too injured to be brought back to Haldfest so I... brought you here."

Charlus leaned backwards and gazed out of the window, lush stretches of grass covered the entire island. He spotted several Pokemon, grazing, playing and enjoying life under the sun.

"How long have you lived here?"

"That's for some other time," he dodged the question, "don't you have any question regarding your... past or health?"

Charlus looked down, his body was covered in bandages that ran across from his chest. His leg and arm were wrapped in a cast covered in what could only be assumed as a child's drawing of an eevee.

"What type of medication did you use?" He asked, "I fell quite... normal."

"The same one the Chamber uses," he smiled, "except I developed my own for... you know, if it ever comes in handy."

Charlus nodded, there was no certainly in their field. He'd learned it the hard way when he walked up to the Raider Manor and saw James dead on the ground.

"One more question," said Charlus, "what happened to Spencer?"

Alain looked down with embarrassment, he sympathetically put his arm around Charlie's cast and said. "I think you better come out."