"A Baby?" part 2

HIS POV(ish):

Louis walks up your driveway in the early hours of the morning after spending his hours making himself believe that if he denies it all,it wont be true and it would simply be a matter of a dream.

That theory is quickly demolished however, as he fumbles for the pieces of metal attached to a plastic ring. Once he had found the right key,he pushed it into the key hole as twisting before realising that the door was left open.

The guilt starts to make itself more apparent as he realises you must have been waiting for him to make his inevitable return but ovbiously not expecting it to be at this time.

With a heavy sigh,he pushes the front door open and slips his way in quietly before turning around and locking the door.

He takes off his coat and hangs it up on the coat hanger just to the left of the entrance before bracing himself and turning around to face whatever he had left behind his prior to his abrupt departure.

There are no signs of you at first but when he strolls into your shared bathroom,thats when he starts to cry.

The action is so unpredictable that it even shocks him, he slaps his hand to is mouth to try and hide his sobs as to not wake you but his endevour proves to be unsuccessful as you mumble a few incoherrant words and turn over to face the side of the bed he has sat down on, only half awake.

"Lou?" you mumble sleepily which makes Louis' heart melt and therefore cause more grief and guilt within the man.

He doesnt respond to you,rather takes in the state of the room.

The shattered pregnancy test which he shucked at the wall now lies hopelessly on your bedside table but the 'positive' still visible.

The book he had gotten you for your birthday a couple of weeks ago was thrown half way across the room with pages splaying out across the floor.

The sight physically hurt him considering how happy you were when you recieved it now in contrast to how utterly destroyed you must feel now.

The unnecessarily long trip out this evening made Louis stop and realise how terribly terribly wrong he was to react in the way he did.

Pregnancy is always so much worse for the Woman not only because of the pain but because a man can leave at anytime whereas the woman is stuck with the baby. He doesnt even want to think about the possibility that you like he is leaving you.

A gentle hold of his wrist shakes him out of his guilt ridden trance which draws his attention back to you.

With tears still streaming down his face leaving rivers of glossy evidence, he takes the time to study you.

Your eyes puffy and surrounded but an irritated red show to him how much you had been crying.

The slightly redder tint to your lips making your nervous lip biting habit apparent.

The deformed chicken you had bought the baby earlier clutched in your arms.

And the most horrific of all, the faint blue bruising beginning to form around your wrists when he had tried to grab the pregnancy tests off you.

He cries even more now. The last thing he ever wanted was to hurt you and now he has done it in more ways than one.

"Im so sorry. Words cannot describe how terrible i feel about what i said to you and what i did to you. I cant even begin to fathom the things i might have said and for that i am so terribly sorry. I hope you have it in your heart to forgive me-" Louis sniffs before wiping his nose on his sleve.

"But if you cant...well i-i understand i guess" he finishes looking down to his nails out of habit.

His speech awakes you fully as you pull yourself up to sit and rest your back on the headboard, grabbing his hand.

"Louis darling, i do forgive you, of course i do but the way you spoke to me...it genuinely scared me. i have never seen you get like that in my life and i never want to again thats for sure. You cant talk o me that way okay... you just cant" you say softly with a smile, knowing full well that if you raised your voice with him then the usually happy man you fell in love with would break right next to you.

He nods softly before gently cuddling into your chest.

"Im scared y/n. im so scared."he whispers.

You reach your hand out to play with his hair as you reassure him that you are too but all will be okay.

He lowers himself so he is hovering over your stomach.

"we are going to be okay little one. Me, You and Mummy of course."

-

How sweet awh.

ugh this took ages to write cause im trying on a laptop and im such a slow typer,

I LOVE YOU :)

Requested by freshevacadoagh   ❤️