Wouldn't change a thing.

a/n- hi i'm nina in the author of this imagines book. these first few imagines aren't great but i promise they get better over time. also i feel like i should mention something for this chapter so;
TW⚠️: crocs
anyway enjoys queens xx
Also, before you say any imagines are cringe, im a person, I wrote these, I spent time on them, it does hurt.

-

"Louis are you sure it's not school uniform day today?" You ask him quickly, standing by the door waiting for an affirmation before leaving in your own clothes.

"What is this, like the fifth time you've asked me today? Yes! It is I promise look I'll send you a photo of my in my clothes to prove it." He says teasingly.

Almost immediately, your phone buzzes so you take it away from your ear to check the notification. Surely enough it's from him.

It's a rushed mirror selfie with a caption reading 'y/n stop freaking out and get your arse over to my house'.

I scoff.

"Nice message, thank you" you say sarcastically over the phone.

"Just hurry up or I'm leaving with out you." He says before hanging up.

And with that you are out the door and speed walking over to his as you don't want to walk into school alone. Especially on non-uniform day.

The walk is only short but you somehow find yourself out of breath.

As you approach his house, you see him leaning against his wall.

"Try not to be so pushy next time, I think I'm having a heart attack"you say to him through short breaths.

He throws his head back in laughter.

You've always had a huge crush on him from the very moment you both met eleven years ago.

I know, since you were five years old.

So the blush creeps onto your cheeks as you look around trying to steady your breaths.

"Come on then, I like your outfit by the way" he says nodding his head in the direction of school as you walk together.

*

You see, Louis is popular, you are quite the opposite.

If there was a food chain you would be at the bottom and Louis would be right at the top.

He would be the one getting the seasoning for all the other top-of-the-chain people.

So, as soon as you both get inside the school gates, he is pulled away.

He looks back at you sympathetically, but you know there will never be a time when you can be will him in school, or be with him in general.

Your mums were friends since secondary school so maybe that's the only reason he is hanging out with you outside of school. Because he has too.

The loud cheers as Louis joins his posse echo through your ears.

If you'd known each other for so long? How did you manage to fall into completely different friendship groups.

How did you manage to fall into no friends at all.

You tuck yourself into your backpack as much as possible, trying to hide away from everyone and avoid getting in peoples way.

You have anxiety.

School did it to you mainly. School and the popular girls in school. You were constantly looking out for them and making sure they didn't trip you up in the dinner hall or spill their food over you like in the movies.