A penny for your thoughts?

So I'm uploading this one and another imagine today hurray! But... should I do a face reveal in the second one? I don't mind but sometimes I find myself curious on what the author looks like so yeah :) x

-

Your parents called about an hour ago stating that they would be home later than usual which is apparently a lot later.

Around fifteen minutes ago, you decided it would be better to wait on the peer by your house instead of waiting by the front door, having today been the one day you forget your key.

The wind blew through your hair softly, blowing the smaller baby hairs gently into your face but not so much to be a bother.

The temperature is just right, not too cold but not too hot either. The night presenting itself as a fine evening of silent bliss with the occasional harsher gust of wind kissing at your skin.

You smile at the passing villagers doing their nightly routines of dog walking and trips to get the daily paper and sigh a calming breath of relief after seeing the peer empty.

With your books clutched tightly in your arms and the bag on your bag filled with stationary and the lunch you didn't eat, you started your walk up the desolate strip of rustic wood.

Looking down as you walk staring between the gaps of the splintered wood to see the gently waves beneath you making the most pleasing sound as if purely made to clear the stress of the school day.

Once at the end, you sit down with your legs dangling down over the edge, the distance between your feet and the ocean being enough to keep them dry.

You sigh looking out across the stretch of the open sea seeing all of the beauty colours as you catch the sunset.

Humble pinks and protruding yellows, blissful blues and slight hints of pastel orange all bleeding out into the sky as the golden half-circle drops lower and a stronger orange reflects on the ocean making the most beautiful illusion of a melting sun.

Feeling in the right mind set, you reach into your bag and pull out your pencil case and a text book, beginning to revise for yet another test tomorrow.

The only sounds filling your ears are the calming sounds of the evening birds, the waves, the slow and steady breaths you are taking and the soft scribbles of the pen on paper.

After a while, you begin to hear footsteps at the bottom of the peer.

You become curious after hearing nothing but nature for quite a few minutes.

When the footsteps get louder as they approach, your heart rate picks up dramatically and your body stiffens significantly.

"Hey! Y/n" a voice calls from a few metres behind you which you instantly recognise to be one of your closest friends, Louis.

You instantly relax, your heart rate slowing again and your shoulders relaxing as you wait for him to join you.

You feel him sit down to your right but you don't take your eyes off the sunset. The sliver of light left still providing enough for as much clarity as you require.

"Are you okay?" He asks you in a soft but raspy voice. The contrast of it making goosebumps appear faintly on your skin but relaxing you somehow too.

Saying you didn't like Louis would be a complete lie, having been morbidly entranced by him since you first met five years ago.

"I'm very well thank you, and yourself?" You ask him softly. His undivided attention on the side of your face not going unnoticed by you.

"I'm okay." He says sounding a bit dejected.

"Truth be told I'm really stressed about school and about not being good enough, you know, typical insecurities? So if you aren't actually okay, it's okay." You say finally turning to look at him but then packing your things away in your bag deciding you would rather talk to him.

He, this time avoids your gaze and you become slightly unnerved as time goes on but he remains silence.

You had never thought a fully comfortable silence existed anyway...

"A penny for your thoughts?" You ask him softly, seemingly breaking his trance as he jumps slightly when you place your hand on his shoulder.

He hesitates for a minute before finally finding the right words to say.

"Y/n I've really liked you for a while now and I think you are the most down to earth, humorous and intelligent person I've ever met. Not to mention how absolutely breathtaking you are and I want to know, will you go on a date with me sometime?" He says hurriedly.

Your breath hitches in shock of his confession but a smile makes its way into your features stretching from the corners of your mouth to your eyes.

"I would love to" you say and he smiles as you rest your head on his shoulder as you both watch the sun go down.

-

Couple of things:

- wattpad is messing up my notifications so if I don't see your request just keep sending them in <3

- feel free to use bits of my writing in an English exam if you need better marks, I don't care as long as you aren't publishing my work on another writing website <3

- have you noticed I like to talk to you guys through my 'characters'?

- vote and comment <3

Don't forget I love yall I think you are all beautiful !! <3

Send me requests, preferably on private message because I can't see the notifications if you comment, they kind of get lost or wattpad doesn't tell me, I only see some of your comments.

Also just like I'm really scared at the moment because apparently I don't have an English exam apparently they base the setting on past exams and lessons and I did a really bad piece of writing and I'm scared that my writing is really bad and I'm scared that I'll be put in a lower set that I should be and yeah