you are insecure about how tall you are but he helps

prom.

everybody loves prom.

you get your hair done nicely, either as straight as can be or perfectly curled to perfection or tucked up in a nice up-do.

you get your makeup done exquisitely with no trace of fine lines or acne or whatever else society tells you to cover in order to be beautiful.

and you pick out the most stunning dress that compliments your skin perfectly and your eyes and hair and you look like a princess.

and usually to match, a pair of high heels.

you hate high heels.

not because they are hard to walk in or painful on the feet, but rather because of how tall it makes you.

you are already one of the tallest if not the tallest girl in your class and maybe whole year or school so why would you make yourself even taller?

now you could just wear trainers that match the colour of your dress but then girls would say you are trying to be cool and different.

but then if you wear high heels, when it comes to taking photos you would look like mount Everest next to the neighbourhood speed bumps.

not to mention that most of the other girls' frames are petite and their shoulders are slim and perfectly sculpted to make them to perfect height for boys to just pick right up.

and yours... are slightly broader.

all of this makes the perfect equation for multiple procrastinations at prom.

and sure enough...you are having a procrastination at prom.

as your whole year group gather outside on the terrace of the venue your school hired, the sun goes down in the background causing the sky to blush a gorgeous rosy hue and a soft orange glow to be cast around.

floods of girls are heading over to the far side of the large terrace towards the photo backdrop your school set up.

a large circle of pastel balloons all in different baby colours with a plaque over the top saying 'Prom 2021'.

you immediately spot the danger in this, having settled for a pair of inch high heels that compliment your dress, and migrate to the opposite side of the terrace.

your heels click! clack! over the brown wooden planks paving the floor and once you reach the very edge, you lean your bracelet decorated forearms on the banister.

you breathe out a puff of air and a rather large sigh as you stare out across the picturesque landscape, watching your rings glimmer in the orangey light.

slowly, you begin to feel a presence behind you and it's not long before someone wraps their arms around your waist and place a soft, lingering kiss to your cheek.

immediately you relax into them, recognising the scent and feel of your boyfriend, Louis.

you surrender to his embrace and lean back on him as he squeezes your mid drift a little lighter before placing his hands firmly on your waist and turning you to face him.

Louis stands there silently and watches you in awe and the light illuminates your skin and hair so as to make you appear an angel with a halo above them.

you seem quite the opposite though, having stared at him in awe of how handsome he is, and now are flicking your gaze all over his face with blatant worry and insecurity.

"what? do i look bad? is something wrong with my makeup?" you say hurriedly.

"no not at all! i almost mistook you for a model straight off the runway when i first saw you actually. you look breathtakingly ethereal my darling" he says softly before kissing your forehead as he knows it calms you down.

the two of you not arriving together as he had to arrive later due to filming.

"stop" you say, actually wanting his to stop but disguising it as embarrassment from his flattery.

suddenly, you hear shouts from your girlfriends asking you to come over with louis to take some photos.

you start moving your mouth in order to say no but louis beats you to it.

"okay!" he shouts back to them with a bright smile, please his girlfriends beauty with be captured forever.

"no louis i don't want to" you say whispering to him as he takes your hand to lead you there.

he turns around with a furrow between his eyebrows in confusion which you so dearly wish to smooth out but are just too insecure to move practically.

"what? why not?" louis asks you as he steps close to you again and clutches both of your hands in his.

you almost equaling his height with the heels.

"i just-" you start but cut yourself off with a sigh.

louis looks at you but doesn't pressure you to continue as he doesn't want you feeling more stressed.

"i'm just so tall" you say as you look to the ground before continuing "and all these girls, they are so small and just perfect and pretty and all around the same height and i look so different and awful" you say trying to distance yourself from louis a bit.

he defies this however and pulls you closer to him before placing a soft finger under your chin and gently making you look at him.

"you are beautiful. a thousand times the most beautiful girl in this room regardless of your height. in fact, your height makes you better. in the long run, as i want to spend as much of my life as you allow me to, i won't have a bad back or neck as i don't have to bend down to meet you. so really it's good for both of us" he says making your cheeks warm and laugh.

instantly, he is more relaxed and calm knowing you are happy again.

"now i promise that even if you wear heels which will make you taller than me, you will still forever be the most gorgeous lady to me" he says "no go and capture that attention like you were born to do and i'll be stood right behind the counter looking at my model of a girlfriend okay?" he says before placing a kiss on your lips.

"okay" you say before walking in front of him and feeling your hair blow behind you and you strut over to your friends with this new found confidence.

little do you know, all eyes are on you in awe of how much power you hold.

louis is left walking behind you with a clenching jaw as he sees everyone looking at you.

"shit, when i said capture the attention i didn't mean attention from boys"

-

498k reads thank you so much!!

if you have any requests let me know <3 !!