Amortentia

You heard the clock chime minutes ago signifying the beginning of class but you had been locked in the girls bathrooms with moaning myrtle and the girls that locked you in took your wand.

Luckily, a first year girl came in at the beginning of her class and was able to perform a simple 'alohamora' spell after some quick lessons from you.

As you ran out in order to get to your class, the called called her gratitude for the new spell from behind you but you had gotten out the room to fast to say you're welcome.

You run as fast as you can through Hogwarts hallways, accidentally running through nearly-headless Nick.

"Miss y/l/n! I do beg of you, learn some manners and the school rules!" He says, now behind you.

"Sorry Sir Nickolas!" You shout as you continue running until you get to your potions class.

As you run in, you crash into the backs of Harry Potter and Ron Weasley, both of which must have been late too.

"Sorry" you whisper to them with a smile, you are quite close friends with them as hermione introduced you to them in third year after sharing a class with her.

"Don't worry about it, Slughorn isn't telling us off anyway" Ron says reassuringly into your ear.

"And what might your name be?" Professor Slughorn says turning away from Harry and instead towards you.

"Um im y/n y/l/n professor." You say, waving at him shyly.

"Okay, well miss y/l/n, mr Potter and mr Weasley, just go and get a text book from the cupboard over there and you'll be fine." He says as you reach into the cupboard and fine the pick the first book you see.

Ron and Harry stay near the cupboard for longer it you make your way over to stand next to hermione.

The person you've had a crush on since first year is standing only two meters away along with his other slytherin friends.

Louis Partridge.

You say next to him in defence against the dark arts in first year but you don't think he noticed you as he only talked to his best friend Draco Malfoy who was conveniently sat on the other side of him.

You watched him as he sat laughing with Draco and his other friends who you hadn't bothered to know the names of. You noticed in second year that he always throughs his head back when he laughs, and never capable of laughing quietly in third year.

Fourth year was the Yule ball and there were rumours that he was planning to ask you after a romantic trip to hogsmead. How foolish you were though, to believe them after him never sparing a second glance your way.

It turns out, pugface pansy had overheard you talking to hermione about your crush on Louis in the hallways and decided to talk to daphne greengrass about him 'planning to ask you' rather loudly, which led another one of your friends to overhear them and tell you what they said.

You ended up not going and crying yourself to sleep that night. Beating yourself up about the fact you thought someone like Louis could ever want to be with someone like you.

"Miss y/l/n, seen as though you've only been in his class room for five minutes and you can't seem to maintain your focus, let's get you involved shall we. Come up hear my dear and smell this for me. Then tell the class what you smelt." He says smiling warmly at you.

You hand over your books to hermione who takes them gladly but looking at you worriedly.

You smile at her and walk forwards anxiously, every pair of eyes in class were now on you. Every pair of eyes.

You almost trip over your own feet but manage to catch yourself on a near my column but it doesn't go unnoticed by pugface and her minions. They start laughing at your misfortune but as soon as they did you heard someone from over in their direction telling them to shut up ur you daren't look over.

You move over to the bubbling potion and suddenly the sweet and comforting aroma swirls its way up your nose and makes your whole body feel significantly warmer.

"So... what do you smell?" Slughorn asks.

"Well... I smell cinnamon and toffee apples and um... maybe, wine?" You say hesitantly through more sniffs of the potion. Soon, you find yourself unable to tear yourself away, too entranced with feeling closer to the boy the potion smells like. The boy you've been in love with for the past six years. Louis.

You feel a hand on your shoulder snapping you out of your trance and so you turn around to face them.

The sound of Ron's voice fills the air. "Don't worry about it, just ignore them" he says.

And that's when you register the laughter of everyone else in the class.

"Oh look, She is in love" you hear one person say mockingly.

"Everyone knows it's Partridge she smells, get over it. He doesn't like you!" Another shouts.

"Settle down now children! How dare you talk like that to another student" the professor interrupts.

"This is amortentia the strongest love potion in the world. Dangerous too. The scent mimics the natural aroma of the person the one smelling the potion desires the most. Now, let's try another one, someone from over here perhaps?" Slughorn says pointing over to the large cluster of Slytherins.

It's a know fact that daphne greengrass is also enamoured with Louis Partridge, ever since first year too when he swatted the spider that was on her shoulder off in herbology.

So, it's no surprise when she pushes him towards the potion and asking him what he smells with a smug smirk on her sour face.

He cockily moves towards the potion and leans in towards it and saying what he smells.

"Um, vanilla, caramel, I think coffee too and uh broomsticks" He says.

Suddenly, everyone's eyes turn to look at you in shock but you only return the gaze of one. Louis'.

*

Sorry for being inactive yesterday but here I am yay. I go back to school tomorrow :(. Anyway this was fun to write.

I might to a continuing series of Louis X Hogwarts imagines but I'm not sure. Let me know.

I love you beautiful💜

Also, bitch look at this:

😍😍😍

Send me your imagine requests ❤️