Chapter 1

August

"I promise you, ya gonna be fine baybeh."

Laying my head on our hands as I said another prayer, the tears just flowed. Coming out of surgery to remove the bullet, Misty was still unresponsive.

"C'mon baybeh, I need ya to pull through and wake up for me." I sighed.

Letting go of her hands, I placed a kiss on her forehead. Going over to my bag on the chair, I heard the beeping sound.

"Fuck!"

Rushing over to her side, I pressed the buzzer to get the nurse while I spoke to her. As two nurses rushed in, so did the doctor. Removing myself out of the way, I watched as they worked.

"Doctor Ross, I'm not getting a pulse."

"What!" I exclaimed.

"Her heart rate is dropping quickly." The other nurse said.

"Get the defibrillator."

Manually trying to resuscitate her, the nurse came in and set it up. Instantly they tried to revive her.

"Again!" He yelled before sending another bolt of electricity through jer body.

"She flat lining doctor."

"What? No!" I rushed over to her side. "Misty, wake up ma. Don't leave me! You can't."

By this time both the doctor and nurses had stopped.

"Call it. Time of death..."

"No!" I yelled.

In complete tears at this point, the sound of the machine beep drove me crazy.

••••••••••••

"Fuck!"

Startled out of my sleep, I sat up, wiping the sweat from my face. Looking beside me, I exhaled as Misty laid there still asleep.

"It was just a dream." I spoke to myself.

"Mmm." I heard her moan as she turned.

Watching ad her hand moved around on my spot for me, her eyes instantly opened.

Aug? What's wrong?" She sat up.

"Nothing love. G'on back to sleep."

"Babe you're dripping wet."

Concerned at this point, she got up and came around on my side. Examining my face I knew she knew.

"You had another dream didn't you?"

"Yeah." I sighed. "I'll be fine." I kissed her hands before looking at her.

"I'll get you some water." She got up and left the room.

Getting up myself, I went to the bathroom and washed my face. Looking at my reflection in the mirror, I sighed.

"Get it together Yung. She's here and she's getting better. That bitch is in jail."

Turning off the pipe, I dried my hands and face. Walking out into the room, Misty sat there with the water.

"Thanks."

"You're welcome."

Getting behind me, she massaged my shoulders. Rotating my neck as it felt good, I exhaled.

"Thank you love." I looked up at her.

"You're welcome." She kissed me on my forehead.

"I need you to stop stressing. I'm here and getting better." She smiled.