Chapter 23

August

"Yeah man that sounds just right." I nodded.

Fixing my battery pack behind me, I got myself in zone for this rehearsal.

"Yo? Yall ready?" I asked my dancers.

"Just about." Des nodded.

I was beginning my Europe tour in a couple days and had a show tonight in New York and tomorrow in DC.

"E you ready?"

"Whenever you are woe."

Giving him a thumbs up, he dropped my intro beat and got into it. This was the final rehearsal so we were doing it from beginning to end.

As I stood side stage and watched as my dancers came on, my phone vibrated. Checking it quickly, I smiled instantly.

"Sweetface💖: Just saying I love you and have a great rehearsal and show tonight."

Misty was out in Boston for a show herself then we would be meeting up in DC. These past three months into the new year has been great for us. We were more focused than anything and we were happy.

Making my way out, as I practiced, all I thought about was how we would be making a year tomorrow in our relationship.

Just the thought of Misty helped me do great with my performances. If she was there it was like I was performing for her alone and the times when she wasn't, its like I had something to prove.

🎶Started off in the streets, we would take collection from the fiends, people dying all around me, so I gave you my testimony...🎶

Opening my eyes as I stood holding the mic stand, I smiled and shook my head. T stood down where the audience would be, hold my iPad with Misty on it.

🎶But I made it, and it made me. I know I did wrong, I prayed to God he would save me. 'Cause I made it, it didn't kill me, so it made me stronger, I pray to God that you feel me, that you feel me...🎶

Staying focused, I performed for my girl. Singing my heart out, I kept my attention on her.

Switching songs, we did our thing till we finished. Taking my iPad from T, she just smiled.

"Hi." I spoke.

"Hi." She smiled.

"Wassup?"

"I needed to see your rehearsal. It sucks that you're performing in New York and I'm not there."

"It does but you'll see me tomorrow. I got a great night planned for us after both our performances."

"That's another crappy situation. We both have shows on the night of our anniversary."

"Yeah but that's the life we done chose baybeh."

"Yeah." She sighed.

"Look at it this way, we see each other before our shows, so we got that time before and after."

"Yeah, you're right."

"I know." I smirked. "What time is your rehearsal?"

"I have a couple hours still before I do that."

"Well go get some rest."

"I should, shouldn't I?"

"Yes, you should." I laughed.

"Okay babe. I love you."

"I love you too ma. Call me so I can see ya when ya doing ya dress rehearsal."