Chapter 8

Misty

"I take it this isn't your first time on Bourbon street?"

"No." I laughed.

Taking a break from Black Friday shopping, I was tired and in need of a drink. Walking ahead of everyone, I entered my aunt's and uncle's restaurant.

"Hi hi." I smiled as I greeted the hostess.

"Misty. Its been so long." She hugged me.

"It has, but how are you?"

"Girl I'm good. So how many of you?"

"Five of us."

"Okay, follow me."

Picking up some menues, we followed suite. Seating us, she told us someone would be with us shortly.

"This place is nice." Chandra looked around.

"Y'all never been in here before?" I asked.

"We've all tried but its just always booked up."

Smiling, it was good to know that my aunt and her husband were doing good.

"Plus I didn't know they opened on Black Friday?" Aug's sister spoke.

"Mhmm. They open for half the day and then take the remain and extra food to the homeless shelter up town."

"How you know all of this?" They laughed.

"Its my daughter's place." My grandma spoke. "She runs it, her husband is the chef."

"I hear I got some visitors."

Seeing my uncle, I smiled.

"And some first timers too." I added.

"Nice. Well no need for these. I got y'all." He said taking the menues. "Get some drinks and relax."

"Syl y'all holding out on us." Aug's mother joked as we all laughed.

Engaged in conversation while waiting on our drinks, my mind ran on Aug for a bit. He had decided to visit a friend who had a studio out here so this morning when he left, we hadn't spoken to each other.

"Why you so quite Mist?" I heard Chandra ask.

"She probably thinking about August." My grandma mumbled.

"I wasn't." I lied.

"Well that's a first." She joked.

"They always together huh?" His mother asked.

"Or always on the phone."

"It's that bad?" Netia laughed.

"We saw the extent of it yesterday."

"Grandma." I groaned.

"Ouu, I want to hear this." Chandra got excited.

"We were having lunch and he messaged her, right?" She looked at me for confirmation.

"Yes." I said under my throat.

"Right. So then Jenny took the phone saying its family time. She tells us, that he will call and sure enough he did."

"And that's it." I tried to cut the conversation.

"No that wasn't it. He called her phone about five times one after the other till Jenny got fed up and gave her back her phone. When she does call him back, he was about to come over to 'check' on us."

"I'm not surprised." His mother shook her head while they all laughed.

"That's how he ended up by us, but talking about he was hungry."