Chapter 15

August

"We got August Alsina in the building!"

As soon as we stepped into the club in Manhattan, the DJ made the announcement and a spot light shone on me.

With my arm around Misty's waist, me and our crew walked in to the sound of hiphop music blasting and females cheering.

"You good?"

Holding Misty closer to me, she simple nodded as we made our way to the section that was designated for us. Though this was work related, the night was to celebrate Misty and her acceptance into dance school.

Taking our seats, the server came over with a couple bottles and ice buckets.

"You drinking ma?" I asked her.

"No wine?" She asked in my ear.

"I can get that for you."

"Thanks."

Kissing her on her cheek, she smiled then I signaled to the server.

"Let me get a bottle of red wine and two wine glasses."

"Coming up." She spoke loud so I could hear.

Nodding, everyone who was with us was already getting into the party mode. Who had their drinks, sipping and was dancing.

Glancing at Misty, she just danced in her seat, clearly enjoying herself already. Coming back the the bottle and glasses, the served opened and poured for us before putting the bottle in on of the ice buckets.

"Cheers to happiness and success." I whispered in Misty's ear.

"And love." She added before kissing me.

"Fuck yes!" I laughed.

Taking a sip, she placed the glass down before sliding to the edge of the couch and standing up. I looked at her as she fixed her dress before putting her hand out to me.

"What?" I asked as I got up.

"Lets dance." She smiled picking up her glass.

"Baybeh ya know Ion dance."

"And you know I don't care."

Leading me to the balcony, she found a spot and did her thing while I enjoyed it.

From time to time, the DJ would call me out to get the crowd hyped and of course it worked.

"Ya gonna make me wanna do somethings ta ya sweetface." I whispered in her ear.

"You know I wouldn't mind." She responded soon after.

Smiling, I didn't say anything to that. Sipping on my drink, we just continued to enjoy ourselves as best as we could.

"Give me a minute babe."

Nodding, Misty walked away from me. Looking at where she was heading, I noticed Maggie sitting on the couch area sipping her drink. I figured she was in her feelings about E not being here.

Walking away from where we were, I joined them. Sitting on the opposite side of Maggie, she looked at me and rolled her eyes.

"This the one you choose baybeh?" I asked taking a drink in my wine.

Looking at me confused, I smiled and gave Misty a little head nod to play along.

"Oh. Yes babe. But you could have given me a minute to see if she was up for it."

"Up for what? What the hell is going on with the both of you?" Maggie asked.

"Aight look." I leaned in a bit. "Me and my girl been checking you out since you got in and we wanna take you back to our place for some, you know, fun." I smirked.

"What?" She laughed.

"He's right. I mean, you're cute, and got a nice body, so why not?" Misty added.

"You two deserve each other." Maggie said making us laugh.

"Stop sulking, ya know he would have been here if he could have." I nudged her.

"I know." She sighed. "But its the fact that he's not even responding to any of my messages."

"Oh."

"I'm sure he's fine." Misty hugged her.

"His ass better be, or else!" Maggie said annoyed.

"Or else what?" We heard.

Standing there, Era smirked looking at Maggie.

"Babe." She got all hyped and got up.

"Aint no babe." He spoke so she could hear. "Or else what?"

"Or else you wasn't getting any of that thing you like." She stepped to him as he held her by her lower back.

"Is that right?"

After he said that, Misty and I witnessed something we wish we hadn't. The way he slapped her ass the gripped it was not what we wantes to see.

"Kev!" She blushed.

"Shut up and kiss me."

After he said that, she just followed suit.

"Well then." I looked at Misty.

"I need anothee glass of wine babe, you?" She asked me.

"Um, yeah. Let's get that."

Shifting around, we got up and left the both of them there still locked into each other.

"Do they have to be that affectionate?"

Sitting on my lap, Misty asked as Maggie and E were still at each other's tongues.

"Man I'm glad we'on act like that." I shook my head.

Taking a sip of her drink, Misty rolled her waist as she sat on me. Enjoying her company, I looked up and saw the club owner coming out way.

"Gimme a minute ma."

Nodding she slipped off me before I got up.

"Wassup man." We dapped.

"Just cool. Thanks again for coming out."

"No problem."

"I came to ask if you up for sharing out shots by the bar."

Looking back at Misty, she smiled at me.

"Yeah man, just let me let my girl know."

"Aight cool."

As he left, I walked back to her. Whispering in her ear, I told her what was up before leaving with T and Mike.

*******

Pouring shots into these females mouths was wild. These girls were lit and trying to get a feel on a nigga.

Sitting on the edge of one of the bar counters, I was shaken when I felt someone's hand on my leg. Looking in front of me, Sadë stood there with this evil grin on her face.

Gripping her hand, I squeezed it in anger. Though she tried to hold her composure, I could see the pain in her eyes. Glancing at T, I gave him a head nod and he saw her, making his way.

"It's not over yet." She mouthed before he escorted her out.

Looking above at the balcony area, Misty stood there looking on at me. She didn't show any expression but I knew she had seen possibly everything.

Finishing that set, I was basically finished with my appearance at this club and I was ready to go. Heading back to where everyone, Misty was sitting next to Sarah.

"Ya ready ta go ma?" I sat next to her.

"Yes." She said plainly.

Sensing something was off, I didn't bother to say anything. Standing, I held out my hand for her. Taking it, I helped her up. As she was about to let go, I pulled her into me.

"What?"

"You tell me?" I looked her in her eyes.

"I'm tired and ready to go home."

"Well let's go."

Holding her chin, I kissed her softly before finally leaving.