Chapter 6

Misty

"Baybeh, you good in thea?" I heard after a knock.

"I'm fine. I'll be out in a minute."

Applying a bit more conceal, I looked over myself in the mirror. Sighing, I thought back on what had happened while I was at Aug's sister in laws house.

It had shaken me up to know that his youngest niece intentionally hit me but I didn't want to say anything. Though she had gotten in trouble with her mother, I knew Aug would be upset as well.

"What were you doing?" He looked at me as I opened the door.

"Can't I use the bathroom in peace?" I stared at him.

"It don't seem like you was." He said with a raised brow.

"Boy move!" I pushed passed him and laughed.

Getting back at me, he spanked me. Glaring at him, he smiled this mischievous smile as we made our way back to the table.

"Is everything okay love?" My aunt asked.

"I'm fine." I smiled.

"Are you pregnant?" My grandmother asked.

Instantly choking when he heard the question, Aug began to cough, making everyone laugh.

"What is with you and this pregnant talk?" My aunt asked.

"I don't know." She shrugged and laughed to herself.

"You're wrong for that grandma." I shook my head holding back my laughter all while patting Aug's back.

"Ya would tell me if you were right?" He looked at me.

"Of course I would. What kind of question is that?"

"Ion know. I know we said we ain't ready so Ion know if you would not say, if you were."

"I would tell you Aug." I rolled my eyes.

"Y'all don't argue much huh?"

"Why you ask?" Aug asked.

"The way y'all interact. Its not like most couples y'all age."

"We aren't most couples our age. We're us." Aug looked at me and smile. "And to answer your question, no we don't. We prefer ta get shit out of the way and settle it all."

"Well that's good."

Finishing dinner, we went out to the back and just relaxed. The air was cool so it was comfortable enough.

"Misty can I see you for a minute?"

Looking at the back door, I got up and went to see what my grandmother was calling me for.

Walking into the kitchen, she told me to follow her so I did. Entering the downstairs bathroom, she told me to close the door.

"What's up?"

"You tell me." She looked at me.

Confused and nervous, I knew my grandmother was sharp so it made me wonder if she had already notices.

"What are you-"

"Don't even try it." She cut me off. "Wipe it off and show me."

Sighing, I took piece of tissue you and wiped off the concealor revealing the now noticeable bruise.

"What the hell? Did he do that?"

"What? No! No he didn't." I said instantly.

"Misty don't lie to me."