Chapter 7

Misty

"What time you want to go over there?"

Scrolling through the cable, I waited on my grandmother to respond. Aug hadn't too long left and while my aunt and uncle finished cooking Thanksgiving food, we sat relaxing.

"We can go later this evening around five."

"Okay."

"You think you can survive without him till then?" She smirked.

"Yes I can." I laughed.

"You sure. It didn't sound that way this morning."

Pausing on the channel I was on, I turned and looked at her.

"Mmm where are you going?" She mocked me. "The boy can't even go urinate in peace." She teased

"Why are you listening to my bedroom conversation."

"First of all, the walls are thin. Second of all, it ain't a conversation if you're whining like that." She laughed.

"I'm going to put you in a home." I glared and pointed at her.

"Whatever Dorothy." She laughed "Shady pines ma, Shady pines."

Not being able to hold it in, I fell out laughing. Golden Girls was our show so for her to hit me with that line, it was beyond funny.

"I love so much." I laughed.

"Grandma loves you too sweetheart. So tell me."

"Mhmm?"

"You gave it up didn't you?" She smirked.

"I did." I admitted.

"And?"

"And I'm sure it was great if she doesn't be wanting him to leave her!"

"Jennifer mind your business!" My grandma yelled.

"Oh my God." I covered my face.

"Don't feel anyhow Misty. Remember I have a NOLA husband so I KNOW!" She laughed.

"I'm done with the both of you."

"We'll talk later." my grandmother smiled.

Sitting there, I wondered if they really did hear me this morning aside from what my grandmother just said.

I don't know what it was, but Aug was just extra good this last night and this morning and it made me weary for him.

": I think my grandma and aunt heard us last night or this morning🙈."

Watching the D turn to R, I waited on his reply.

"Puffin❤: Us? Ya mean you😂I told ya ass to be quiet but yeen wanna listen."

Rolling my eyes, I scoffed as I typed.

": That's your fault and you know it😒."

"Tell him I said hi." My grandma laughed.

"Me too." My aunt added.

"Y'all leave her alone." My uncle laughed.

"Puffin❤: How is it my fault😐? I was giving you what ya wanted both times😒."

": You've never given it to me like that. It was like you were trying to put me in a trance!!!"

"Puffin❤: Ya already in one baybeh😘 but don't worry. Now they know a nigga been handling his business and I'a handle it again later."