Chapter 2

Misty

As I sit on this plane heading back to New York, running through my mind is how crazy this year has been this far.

From winning the money to help my grandmother, to meeting and being with Aug, starting my dance career, even to all that mess with Danielle.

Never did I think she would stoop so low as to try to kill me. As traumatic as both those experiences were for me, I still felt bad for her.

Staring out the window at nothing but the clouds, I felt at peace. It was something about the sky that just soothed me mentally and physically.

"You okay Misty?"

"I'm fine." I smiled still looking out the window.

"You want anything?"

Giving him my attention, I smiled and shook my head saying no. God knows I was grateful for August. The way he would drop everything and come to me when I needed him was something I didn't have for a while.

Though Jamal was and has been there for me from ever since, even in our relationship, I've never felt this kind of intimacy. Sometimes I wonder if its all just a dream or the calm before the storm. The way my life has been, something always would go wrong.

"Everything is going to be fine baybeh." He kissed my temple.

"I believe so." I looked at him and smile.

"You spoke to maw before we left right?"

"Yes. She's enjoying her grandsons company in New Orleans." I laughed lightly.

"Aight. Anything ya need to get before we head there?"

"Nope. I have all that I need."

"Sure?"

"Yes Aug." I looked at him.

Sitting there with this smile on his face made me wonder if I was really forgetting something.

"I'm not doing this with you." I rolled my eyes.

Getting my headphones, I plugged it into my phone and scrolled through my play list.

"You know I ain't ever seen ya playlist."

"I doubt you would be interested in it anyway." I shrugged.

Not getting a response, I looked over at him only to see him staring at me.

"What?"

"What's that suppose to mean?"

"I have a lot of classics music."

"Okay and?"

"And here you go." I laughed.

Passing my phone, he put on my beats and listened. As I sat observing him, I noticed he had laid his head back and his eyes were closed. Smiling I laid my head on his shoulder. Adjusting himself, he placed his arm around my shoulder as I made myself comfortable.

*******

"I'm so happy you're back home." Maggie hugged me.

"Yes girl, we missed you. Everyone at the center missed you."

"I missed everyone too but I'm fine now. Better than before."

"You know Maggie ran up on her right?" Sarah laughed.

"Really? When?"

"The day before police came and got her. She lied and told me she wanted to go over to the apartment to "talk" to Jamal. When we pulled up, she hopped out ran up on her. I still don't know how she knew she was there."