Chapter 10

August

"Man you killed that performance."

"Thanks man."

Taking a sip out of my water, I looked at the time. It was a little after five and I was surprised Misty hadn't called me yet.

"So what's the move now?"

I was in New York for some benefit show and then heading to Florida for a music festival.

"I gotta go check my girl. I ain't seen her since I came in because I came straight here."

"She know you out here?"

"Yeah man."

As I was about to call her, a call came through from her.

"Gimme a minute man."

Stepping away, I swiped and answered.

"Wazzamin sweet face."

"Hi babe." She sounded sad.

"What's wrong? Why you sound like that."

"That time of the month." She sighed.

"Damn. I was now on my way to you, ya need anything?"

"Can you pick up some pain killers for me please, I just took the last of what was here."

"Aight. Anything else?"

"Chicken."

"I knew that was coming. I got you love, just hold tight."

"I will and thank you baby."

"No problem."

Heading back to where my crew was I gave T a head nod, letting him know I was ready to go.

"Anyway y'all. I gotta dip. My shawty ain't feeling to good so I'm bout to go take care of her."

"Aight man Yung. We'll see you at the airport." We dapped.

"Yeah man."

Walking off with T, I told him I had to make two stops before we went there.

"So you did your Christmas shopping already Yung?"

"Yup." I nodded.

"What you got for Misty?"

Raising an eyebrow, I slowly looked up from my phone at him.

"Why you wanna know?"

"No reason." He shrugged. "Just making conversation."

"You sure bout that? I know Misty ain't shit when it comes to gifts at times."

"I'm sure man." He laughed. "I just trying to think about what to get Chrissy."

"Oh, well I got Misty a couple things that I figured she would like, like new pointed shoes and jewelry."

I knew he was lying or partially lying but I still fed into what he wanted. The shoes and jewelry were nothing major anyway so it didn't matter.

"Oh okay, well I'll think of something."

"I bet you will." I mumbled.

Pulling up at a Walgreen's, I got out and got in and out of there in a one. I didnt want to waste any time, the place was already cold as is.

After that, we pulled up at Popeye's and got her her usual and something for us.

"Yo? Did she hear back from the school though?"