57

🦋 E P I L O G U E 🦋
1

Taehyung POV

It's been a year since that day.
Since the day I lost my love and my best friend. It's only gotten downhill from there.
I woke up to get ready for school. Not that I ever slept properly since that day.

I walked outside of my home and waved at my driver who was going to take me to school. Getting in the car I thought about how I never rode bicycles anymore. It was just too painful. All it did was remind me of ... her.

We had our special memories and inside jokes. But now only I understood them.

The car door opened again and in came Niki. I smiled at him,"Ready?"

He nodded with a slight grin,"Yeah."
The car began to move.

Niki was originally put into a foster home for a while, but that didn't sit right with me. I felt personally responsible for his well being. I asked my parents to find his father and see if they'd convince him to take Niki back, but his father wanted nothing to do with him at that point. It infuriated me, but I wasn't going to give up on him so easily.

It took some time, but I was able to convince my parents to let him stay with us. I would stay financially responsible for Niki when I could start earning properly.

I just liked having him around. We became closer than before. Through Niki I was reminded of ... her.  She lived on.

Arriving to school, I stepped out the car and walked inside. All eyes were on me that day. Mostly because even other people knew what happened on this day a year ago.

I decided to ignore everyone in school. I didn't talk to anyone anymore. They all did this to her. This was their fault ... just as much as it was mine.

Walking through the halls, I saw him. Han. He never got in trouble. Having rich and powerful parents meant that he was almost untouchable. It hurt me so much every day, to have to look at his smug face. He made new friends, and moved on quick.

Living life was hard when I had to constantly stop myself from bashing that idiots head through the wall.

But even Han seemed a little down today. He walked past me, and I heard him call my name.
"Taehyung."

I didn't turn around. I closed my eyes to try and keep myself calm,"What?"

Han sighed and confessed,"Are you okay?"

I scoffed in disbelief,"You don't care."
I began to walk away, when he ran past me and stopped me by my shoulders,"Hey come on. Look you need to move on. It's been a while and I said I was sorry."

I bit my lower lip hard to stop any emotional breakdown. I couldn't afford to fall apart in front of him like that,"Go rot in hell Han. I want nothing to do with you, and I hope the guilt eats you up one day."

Just like the guilt was eating me up. The guilt I had felt since the moment she lay dead in my arms.
It was all my fault.

Glaring at him, I pushed past his shoulder, making my way to class. If anything, Han not getting in trouble was a big part of my trauma. He deserved it, more than anything.

Class came and I sat in my usual seat. Except there were three people missing from the usual chairs. The girl behind me was no longer there, neither the boy that sat behind her. It felt so empty as I turned around to look at the empty seats.