4

Y/n PoV :

As soon as the bell rung I instantly got up to leave. Getting to the door was no problem but the claw that grabbed my arm was. I was not in the mood for anything at the moment so I took the crowd of my classmates leaving the room as an opportunity to quickly yank my arm out of the hold and run away.

Jungkook pov:

I kind of felt a little bad. Like I was being too harsh on y/n. Maybe all my feelings for her hadn't gone away yet, because when I saw the look of horror on her face when she looked at me I felt a little twinge in my heart.

Clearly I played it off well because she still seemed scared when the bell rung. I had never seen anyone run away from me so fast. I genuinely felt bad, like she thought I was a monster. I wanted her to like me before isn't it? Not be scared of me. What had gotten into me?

Before I knew what was going on, I sprinted to the front of the class and grabbed her arm right as she faced the door. She just stood there, still as a mannequin. She didn't dare turn around to look at me. Why would she? I told her not to right?

I felt my chest hurt a little.

Her arm felt so warm in my hands and even though this moment only lasted a few seconds it felt like years to me. Did she have me under some kind of spell? Why did I still like her?

I loosened my grip a little and felt her tug her arm away from me when the other students started surrounding the door.

I just stood there dumbfounded as I felt rushed bodies push past me. What had just happened.

Y/n PoV :

I walked with heavy footsteps down the hill. The air was hot that day, and it stuck to my skin. The universe was doing anything possible to make my spirits get down. But I held them up anyways, and I smiled ... no matter how hard it was.

It was my choice whether I wanted to be a happy person or not. If there was anything that I learnt throughout the short course of my life, it was that being happy is a decision, it's up to you as a person on whether you end up as a depressed punching bag for the world to keep hitting, or to be someone who feels so much joy that the smile that they have on their face tires them out just from being plastered on their face 24/7.

But I'd soon have to learn a new lesson. It wasn't as simple as I had sought it out to be.

Reaching the normal level of ground I could see my small home in eye sight. I breathed a sigh of relief as I entered the comfort of my little space. Resting was an option today as I was off from work for a while, I could finally relax. I could sit down and do absolutely nothing for once.

                          ☼༆𖣘✫᪥۞⍟༄✫

I woke up on the couch. I hadn't realised I fell asleep. I yawned and as I opened my eyes I stood up to the sound of little footsteps pacing left and right.

It was in the kitchen so I walked in there cautiously to find my little brother pacing around the kitchen in circles. He looked so worried and pale. The life from his eyes left as soon as he made eye contact with me.

I walked up to him, I was about to bend down to his height but then I realised I don't have to anymore.

He had grown up. And with age and time, comes problems.

There I stood at eye level and I spoke calmly,"Hey Niki what's wrong? You look like you saw a ghost."

Niki held my hands and looked at me with pleading eyes,"I don't know what to do ... please don't get mad at me. It wasn't my fault I promise!"