Chapter53

After their first kiss as husband and wife, I handed Em her flowers and they turned to walk down the aisle together. When it was our turn, Sam laced our fingers together and kissed the back of my hand. We all got together in another area of the beach for the pictures and that was a lot of fun. We went to the reception hall about 10 minutes before the bride and groom, Sue's friend did amazing work on the decoration. When Mike and Emily walked in, the smiles on their faces were contagiously huge.

Sam's hold on my hand tightened when he saw his mom walk into the room.

"What is she . . ."

"Sam, calm down, she apologized." I told him.

"Nylah . . ."

"She apologized, let her enjoy her son's wedding." I insisted, nodding my head at Mike who heard all of that.

They make such a beautiful picture, I took a few with my own cell phone to draw later on as a gift. Mike's mother-son dance with his crying mom made quite the moment as well. He surprised me when he pulled me out for a slow dance and Emily did the same with Sam.

"I don't know how you did it, but thank you." Mike told me, laying his cheek on my head.

"I don't know what you're talking about." I smiled in response.

"She feels great and she's so happy." he smiled.

"Emily is in love and happy. There's another surprise in store for you tonight."

"My wife mentioned something about that, too. What do the two of you have cooked up?"

"You'll just have to wait and see."

"I'll forever be grateful for the day that you showed up and completed our family puzzle." he said, smiling and kissing my cheek.

"You all are a blessing to me."

When the song was over, I walked over to Sam and wrapped my arms around his neck and he, around my waist. He kissed me softly and rested his forehead on mine.

"You look beautiful." he said.

"Thank you, you look very handsome yourself."

"What's this about a surprise?" He smiled.

"You know, you're looking very sexy in this suit." I smiled at him.

"Nice try slick."

"I'm not telling any of you, I know all of you can hear me."

"It was worth a try." Sam said.

"Let's have some fun." I told him.

"Yeah, let's do that."

We danced around with our brothers, got to know each other's family better, and had a really good time. Sam's little sister Reya is such a pretty, bubbly 6-year-old, very much like Emily honestly. Sam told me that he has a half-brother as well but they haven't met yet. It's sad but that's the situation they're in. Hopefully, they'll be able to meet at some point.

When it came time to cut the cake I was super excited and a little anxious. Emily knows that it's going to happen today since it was her idea but she doesn't know-how. I stood in front of Sam and he wrapped his arms around my waist as the photographer's flash went off. Thankfully, I remembered to tell the photographer so he knew to be on the lookout.

"Blue! We're having a boy!" Emily shouted.

"A boy!" Mike shouted, running around the room.

He ran over to me and picked me up, twirling me around before pressing a smacking kiss on my lips. Then, he ran back over to his wife and kissed her deeply, much to the joy of the pack.