Chapter 78

A/N: One chapter left after this and Nylah's story is over!!!! I actually can't believe we're done. It's been quite the ride!

"Come on wife, it's time for our first dance." Sam smiled.

"Let's dance, husband."

Our first dance was Perfect by Ed Sheran and it really was perfect. Sam kept his arms tight around me and sang the lyrics softly. When the song was over, my dad cut in and Sam grabbed his mother to dance. At my insistence we invited her and I know it meant a lot to him that she be here.

"You've grown up on me, sweets." Dad said as we swayed to the You'll Be In My Heart from the Disney Tarzan movie. It's our song.

"It'll always be you and me." I smiled.

"Always."

When it came time for the speeches I was absolutely terrified. I was not informed of who will be saying anything so my heart is absolutely racing. The first person to stand up was my father.

"You all know who I am, I'm not good at this kind of stuff so I'll make it short and sweet for you two. Everyone who looked at the two of you since the moment you met could tell that what you have is real. It's in the way that you look at each other, the way you protect each other, the way that you grow together. Sam, I'm leaving my firstborn with you, my sweets, my best friend, and I do that with an easy heart because I know that with you she will be the happiest she could be. Nylah, I love you sweets and I always will. You've grown into such a wonderful woman. It makes me rest easy knowing that you're in a good, loving, and nurturing relationship. To the married couple!" dad said, raising his glass.

"To Sam and Nylah!" everyone chorused as I tearfully got up to hug my father.

After I sat back down Emily got up and grabbed the microphone and I knew she would have me in tears.

"Where to begin? You arrived in all of our lives at such a pivotal moment Nylah. Things were going crazy around all of us and you somehow managed to keep your calm throughout it all and you helped to keep us calm. You planned my wedding and my gender reveal, you were the first to know I was pregnant, both times. I've never seen my brother happier than when he's with you. You walked into our lives on that faithful rainy day and here you are, marrying the man that you love years later. I've personally witnessed so much growth from both of you, personally, romantically, professionally. We all watched you fall in love and it was such a beautiful thing to see. You already know that you're my sister, you're our sister and you've been a part of the family for years. We all love you, congratulations." she said.

Both Sam and I walked over to hug her, of course I'm crying, and then Emily started. It was insane. Paul, Jared, Jake, Ashley, and Angela also said a few words. Then Mike just had to finish it all.

"Hello all, for those that don't know me I'm Sam's older brother, Mike. This speech is mostly for Ny. Emily said a lot but I do have some things to add as the best man and forever pain in his ass. I told you once before that you were the missing puzzle piece to our family and I stand by that to this day. Sam was lost for a long time, we went through some things, he went through some things and he was ... lost. My brother is a strong man, one who won't show weakness not because he's ashamed of it but because he insists on uplifting all of those who are around him and for a while, he couldn't do that. Then you just show up Shego and you turn everything on its axis for all of us.

We had Emily, Kim, and Leah but the guys outnumbered the girls. You showed up and definitely leveled the playing field. Your personality and spunk, the way you care about and love people. The way that you put others first and not for show, you honestly just care so much. You are our missing piece. You completed the Uley's in the best way and now, we're starting the next generation and I don't think there are better women to do that with. I know that if something were to happen, my brother is loved, he's cared for, he's got his best partner by his side, and together the two of you can literally take on anything. I love you both, and I toast to your happiness, your family, your love, and the sheer badassery that you are. Salud." he said and the tears were pouring by the time he finished.