Chapter 51

The following week came quickly and there were many surprises in store for us. The biggest was Quil imprinting on Emily's 2-year-old niece Claire. That was . . . very odd for the entire pack but there's nothing that anyone can do about it.

The next surprise came in the form of parental units. Sam and Mike's mom came with her husband and daughter. Then their dad showed up too and that didn't go over well. All of this, four days before the wedding.

"How the hell did he know about the wedding?" Michael growled as we walked into the house, he stalked inside.

"I don't . . ."

"I told him." their mom said, interrupting Sam as she walked into the living room behind us.

"Why the hell would you do that?" Sam asked.

"Watch your tone with me."

"You had no right to tell him, the invitation was made to you and your husband." Mike angrily stated.

"He's your father and he has a right . . ."

"That man is no father to me. I invited you and your husband, not Marcus so you better tell him to leave. That's all on you."

"Mike . . ." Emily softly said, placing her hand on his chest to try and calm him down since he has already started to shake.

"You invited him mom and he's not welcome here anymore." Sam said and I could feel his mom's glare on me . . . she doesn't seem to like me much.

"Samuel, Michael, we need to talk." their dad said, walking into the room as well.

Both brothers started shaking in anger so Emily and I stood in front of them, wrapping our arms around them in an effort to calm them down. We can't afford for another accident to happen.

"You're stronger than this, both of you. Sam, just breathe baby, I'm right here." I whispered to them, sighing when his arms wrapped around me.

"What's going on here? Did the pale face get you into drugs?" Marcus asked, making me whirl around in shock.

"Wh . . . what? I would never . . ."

"You left Leah for this troublemaker?" their mom asked. "You broke that poor girl's heart to traipse around with this? She's got you all fooled but not me."

"Watch what you say about her." Sam growled.

I'm no help to him right now because I'm the one shaking; shame and embarrassment rolled through me equally. Never in my life have I felt this way before. Stepping away from Sam, I took a deep breath as I tried to rub some warmth back into my arms. It feels like all the blood drained through my body.

"I love him and he loves me, I would never get any of them into drugs or anything of the sort." I told her.

"I wasn't aware that you broke things off with Leah at all, but you could've done a lot better than a pale face, son." Marcus said.

"Do not call me that because you don't know her and watch your mouth." Sam said.

"I don't know what drugs you've given my sons but . . ."

"Anna, stop this, you're embarrassing yourself." Emily said.

"She's the embarrassment. You're not getting your greedy hands on his money or their properties either. He'll get tired of you soon enough and go back to Leah, where he belongs." she insisted.

"There are plenty of beautiful res girls Samuel, don't taint our family name by getting involved with a troublesome outsider." Marcus said.

I was doing my best to hold in the tears, angry and shameful tears, but I'm losing and quickly.