Chapter 34

He's so positive about the outcome, I wish I could share that positivity. Since we're staying here, I'm gonna cook, the epitome of a romantic night in . . . I think. My dad texted to check in on me cause someone told him that I had a minor meltdown. I assured him that everything was okay, told him that Sam and I will be spending the night here and he said it was a good idea to get away from everything. I am the luckiest teenager around.

Dad also told me that he's spending the night at Emma's. He wants to keep her away from this part of town and I don't blame him. So much has happened in the past four months, so much.

We came back home, met vampires, met shapeshifters, lost my best friend, gained a family, I fell in love, learned so much about my own strength, and a redheaded vampire is trying to kill me. Four very interesting months for sure but I wouldn't change anything that has happened. This whole experience has taught me so much, about myself and my abilities. I believe everything happens for a reason and this is it. This brought me to Sam, to a group of people who accept me and love me for who I am, all I am. They make me stronger than I was, better, and that is something absolutely irreplaceable.

The best way for me to show what I'm feeling is through food, so I decided to make a flank steak with a chimichurri sauce, caesar salad for before dinner, for sides I'll make garlic parmesan roasted potatoes and corn on the cob with a cilantro-lime butter. While I marinated the steak I made a quick pasta salad and started snacking on that. Once the salad was done, I started to walk around and clean.

I've been spending a lot of time studying in my room or at the res and dad spends most of his time at the hospital. Honestly speaking, he comes home but he isn't the cleanest person ever so the house is a bit of a mess. After I finished cleaning up, I went back to the kitchen to finish the meal. My chimichurri sauce is awesome if I do say so myself, so I made it first to let it sit. I heard the front door open and I panicked for a second until I saw Sam walk into the kitchen.

"Babe, are you okay?" he asked.

"Yeah . . . I'm fine." I sighed.

"Ny . . ."

"Really, I'm fine. Are you hungry?"

"Babe, you realize who you're talking to right? I'm always hungry." he smiled.

"Good, go watch tv while I finish cooking." I said, boosting myself over the counter for a quick kiss.

"What if I just snack on you instead?" he countered, walking around to wrap his arms around me.

"You can do that later." I giggled when he tickled my side.

"What about your dad?"

"He's staying at Emma's tonight. Sam, we have to talk."

"About what?"

"What's gonna happen the day after tomorrow? When are you gonna talk to the Cullen's about the plan of attack?"

"Tomorrow. Baby, I don't want you to worry about this. We're gonna be fine." he said, sitting me on the island.

"I can't help it. I'm worried and angry. How the hell does it not dawn on Bella that all of this is because of her? That damned redhead is here because of her, the goddamn leeches came back because of her. As a result, all of you are putting yourselves in danger to protect her ungrateful ass."

"Let's clarify one thing here; none of us are doing this for Bella, with the exception of Jake. We're all here, we're doing this to keep you safe, you and the rest of the people on the res, the people in Forks, hell the people in Washington proper. A lot of innocent lives have been lost because of this redhead and her army. We have to do whatever it takes to get rid of her and her group of leeches."