chap-7 surprise!! surprise!!

Start bij het begin

"What now?" I asked.

"I guess we should go home. Anything you want to buy?"

"No. But, I need to use the loo, be right back. Wait here." I called out to her, as I went to the washroom.

Just as I was about to enter, Jake reached out from a door next to the washroom and pulled me in.

"Second time in the week, Jake! What do you want?" I asked, annoyed

"Asked Kay?"

"No."

"Ask her! I can't stand lying to Dylan any more!"

"Smartass, if she says yes, then you're gonna have to lie, right?"

"Yeah...but.."

"See?"

"Okay, but I still want you to ask her. Today."

"Fine." I said going out.

"Hey." Jake stopped me, "If she says yes, will we stop being friends too?"

I cupped his cheek in my hand. "Hope not." I replied, lightly pecking him on the lips.

When I was done in the washroom, I met Kay and we went back home.

We got dressed and headed towards Jakes house on foot.

While walking, I thought that this was the perfect time. So, I said,"hey, Kay?"

"Hmm...?"

"Do you like him?"

"Who?"

"Jake?"

She was silent for a while, but them she replied, "No."

I internally sighed of relief. Thank God!

"Why?" She asked

"Just, thought so."

"k"

By that time, we'd reached Jakes place. The music was loud and the place was still rapidly filling up.

I entered the house while Kay stayed out, talking to some friend of hers. 

I made my way around the house in search for Jake. I had to tell him the good news and my stupid phone was out of battery. When I finally found him, he was playing snooker with Dylan.

"Hey" I said, the three of us were alone in the small room. "Can I have a word with you?" I asked Jake. Dylan looked partially drunk, but Jake was sober. He gestured for me to come to the balcony behind him.

"What happened?" He asked, looking eager.

"She doesn't like you!" I exclaimed.

"Oh my God! That's amazing!" He said, lifting me up from the waist and twirling me round.

"I know, right"

When he finally put me down, he pecked me on the lips, but I broke the kiss and said, "Dylan can see."

"Never mind, we have nothing to hide." He said, add he returned to kissing me. Then, we went back into the room, to face a suspicious Dylan.

"What's going on?" Asked Dylan.

"We're dating." Said Jake gripping my hand.

Dylan cocked an eyebrow.

"Seriously? My little brother and my baby niece? Not bad. But when are you going to go public?"

"Soon." Replied Jake.

"Does Kay know?"

"Not yet."

Dylan just shrugged and said, "okay, let's finish the game. 

*

The party ended and a sober Kay and I came back home.

She came to my room after we'd changed. She said,"I need to tell you something."

"So do I. Come, sit." I gestured to the bed.

She sat and said, "Say it together."

"1, 2..." I said

"I like Jake."

"I'm dating Jake." Both of us said together.

Surprise found it's way on both our faces, followed by realization, guilt, and anger.

I was dating my best friend crush. I SUCK! 

***

Hey... Hope you like it! Comment and vote. Ty for reading... Dylan's pic on side thingy