Chap 28: Revelations

Chapter 28

Kay's POV

Bang!

My body jerked up. I was thrown into consciousness by the loud sound of a firing gun right beside me.

My body ached all over; my bruises burned and my skin paled. My head throbbed like never before and my vision blurred from the tears that were threatening to fall.

I couldn't remember how I had lost consciousness. I could barely even remember where I was.

Bang!

Another gunshot. Who was it? Who was being killed? Jake..?

I winced as I tried to turn around and see what was happening. I finally managed though. I wiped my face and opened my eyes to see Tan standing over Jake with a handgun aimed at him.

My eyes widened in shock. I winced once again from the pain of the movement. But that hardly worried me.

Jake, on the other hand...

Was he alive? I had no clue. His eyes were shut and I couldn't see his chest moving.

"We have no use for him. Finish him off," Tan said, turning towards me.

"Aha, so you're awake, sister," she said, smirking as she walked towards me.

"Jay!" she called. "I have a better idea. Shoot him and put the gun in her hand."

My eyes widened in shock. She wanted to send me to jail? For nothing? Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse...

I said nothing. I'm sure my expression said a lot though. Surely, the cops wouldn't believe that I would kill Jake..?

"What happened sister? Surprised? Don't be. There's a lot more in store for you," Tan said, receding into the darkness beyond the door of the lab.

My gaze shifted to Jay, who was looming over Jake's motionless body while spinning the handgun around with his finger lying just beside the trigger.

"It's been great talking to you," said Jay. "But now it's time for your departure. Hope you have fun in hell."

He stopped playing with the gun and turned it to point towards Jake. If only Jake was conscious, he could've kicked Jay or something. But he was completely out of it. He was barely even breathing.

I wanted to stop him, but what could I do? Any part of my body that moved caused tremendous amounts of pain.

"Jake, wake up!" I called, ignoring the dryness in my throat.

"Please, let me talk to him one last time," I said to Jay, hoping he would let me.

"What for? He loved Cassie, not you. You just came in between. He probably doesn't even want to have his last conversation with you." he replied.

"Why don't we let him decide?" I asked. "Please, Jay, I beg you."

"N-" he was cut off by Tan's loud voice calling from above the basement.

She said, "Jay! Be a sweetheart and bring me my sister's clothes, please."

My eyes widened in shock. No way. She wanted my clothes... Oh my God. She was going to disguise herself as me! And they'd think I'm Tan and put me in jail! I couldn't believe it! She was so wicked.
*

Cassie's POV

I sat up in my bed staring at the phone in my hands just after calling the police. I felt so helpless. My best friend and ex boyfriend could be dying and I couldn't do anything.