A girl, a boy, and high school drama

Hey guys, this is my first story on wattpad, I hope you enjoy it..

***

Chapter 1

Cassie's POV

I parked my car and walked to school. As soon as she saw me, my best friend Kayley ran towards me screeching in a high pitched tone something about how much she missed me. It was right after we hugged and began walking down the hallway towards our lockers that Jake caught up to us and hugged Kayley from the back.

"hey Kay! How was Hawaii?" He said as he slid an arm around her shoulder and walked along with us completely disregarding the fact that I was there too. But I'd gotten used to it. Jake was Kayley's best friend too, and he and I hated each other more than anything else. I only put up with his presence because Kay is too important and she won't stay away from him. Had it been up to me, I would've killed him by now.

I was so lost in my thoughts that I hadn't realized that we'd reached my locker and I hadn't even opened it. Embarrassed, I quickly grabbed my stuff and headed to English without saying another word.

After class, Kay and I decided that we'd skip school and go shopping for some girl time, which had not happened in summer because she was in Hawaii. We had not done this for a long time, considering that stupid Jake was always behind us, but thankfully, he wasn't invited.

We enjoyed ourselves in the mall, and, at about 2pm, when we were about to leave, Kay said, "omg, Cass, your birthday is in a fortnight! Your sweet 16! We have to get you something to wear! Now! COME ON!" she practically dragged me into some posh store and looked for a dress while I just stood there doing nothing.

After an hour and a half of searching through almost every shop, we were about to give up when we saw a store in the corner. Kay walked to it and gestured back at me, "are you coming?" I scurried over to her as we entered the store. She looked around and then gestured to an ankle length, strapless turquoise blue dress with a single silver broach round the waist.

Normally, I wasn't the fashion freak who cared about what she wore on her birthday, but this dress was seriously...

"perfect!" both of us said at the same time.

***

So? Like it? Comment and vote! Pls guys! Thanks for reading!