Chap 17 Poisoned???

chap 17

Kay's POV

"Lets go,..." I didn't know what to call the pug, so I checked the basket properly for any collar or details on it. Aha! Got it! The collar said, "Collar" Huh?? Is that the name of the dog? Either way, I'll call it that.

"Come on Collar." I said, putting the collar on.

Once I left the house, I picked Collar up and walked it over to the car. Once I was in, I put her on the front seat and drove over to Marc's place. I got out of the car and locked it so that Collar wouldn't escape. Heh, who am I kidding? How can it open the door? Then I walked over to the door and rang the bell. In case you're wondering, no, I wasn't gonna keep the poor dog locked up in my car.I just wanted to know for sure that Marc was okay with me bringing it. After all, I didn't know if it was trained.

After waiting a while, I rang the bell again. When I didn't receive an answer the second time, I grew suspicious. So I knocked on the door. No answer.

I went round the back of the house and checked the windows, which were all bolted in front of the thick curtains that were pulled. The back door was shut too. I knocked on it first, but then I tried to see if it was locked. So I turned the knob and it opened. I went inside and said, "Marc. You here?" I went to the front room, when I saw that all the rooms at the back were empty. In the front room, he was lying on the couch, motionless.

At first I thought he was sleeping, but his chest wasn't moving up and down, so I went up to him and shook him. "Marc? Marc?" When I was positive that he wasnt fine, I called the hospital.

The ambulance came in no time and I was allowed to ride with him to the hospital. The nurses and the doctor took him into the ICU as I waited for quite a long time in the waiting room.

Then I saw the nurse walk by. I ran upto her and asked her, "How is he? Will he be fine?"

"Ma'am we cant tell you for sure."

"But what happened?"

"Carbon Monoxide poisoning. He was in a closed room with a coal fire burning. All I know is, if you were even a minute late, he would've died." she said walking away.

It was only then that I remembered that I had to call his parents. I didn't have their number, so I decided togo back over to his place to get their number.

I reached there in almost no time, and went inside to fetch the number. A paper was stuck to the fridge with both the numbers, so I called them and they said they'd be at the hospital. They seemed pretty worried.

That was when I remembered that my little buddy was still locked up in the car. I ran out front and took it out, apologizing.

Then I took her to the nearest shop and bought a leash. After which I bought some dog food and a bowl and a bed for her to sleep in. The shopkeeper told me she was a girl.

Soon, I received a call from Marc's mom.

"Hello?" I said.

"Hi. I'm Marc's mom. I wanted to thank you for saving him and calling the ambulance and all. And um... he's awake now, if you want to come by and talk to him."

"Ill come soon." I said.

"He's saying that it wasn't him. He's saying that he opened all the windows. And that the fire wasn't set when he fell asleep." said another voice that I think was addressing Marc's mom.

Wait a minute-So if he's saying this, it means someone tried to murder him?

***

Hey everyone! I know its short, but ill make up for it.

Hope you like it!!

Comment and vote! Thanks 4 redin!!