chap-7 surprise!! surprise!!

Chap 7

Dylan had come home yesterday. And so I begged and begged till my mom let me move back in with Kay for 2 Weeks.

Kay lived 2 houses away from Jake. And Jake and Dylan were like best friends. That was one more reason behind why I used to hate Jake.

But that's besides the point. And the point is-Dylan was always going to be around the house. He, fortunately, couldn't do anything in school, but who knows?

Anyway, the real problem is that I haven't asked Kay about the Jake thing yet. And now, here I am, making Mac and cheese in my best friends kitchen, listening to her blabber something about a party at Jakes house.

Wait, what??

A party at Jakes house?!

But Jake never hosts a party! You don't have to be his best friend to know that.

But then-

"But Jake never hosts parties!" I cried

"Hell-o! Cass, what have I been sating for the past 20 minutes? I think Dylan's making him do it."

"Yeah, probably."

Jakes parents didn't stay with him. He moved out of their place when he was 13. I didn't know why. But he moved into his grandmothers place and she died when he was 15, leaving her house and all her money with Jake. I didn't know why, but Jake just thought that having a party in her house, right over her grave would be... Disrespectful.

"Okay. So what's the celebration for?" I asked.

"Are you listening to me or not?! It's for Dylan's return home for the first time after he started college."

"When is it?" I asked.

"Tonight."

I sighed.

"Let's go shopping. I don't have a dress. And Dylan's gonna be there."

"But we have school"

"Any tests?"

"Nope"

"Then making me look good for your uncle is way more important."

"You still like Dylan?" I was surprised. Kay liked him before he'd gone but now it'd been almost a year, and Dylan was too old for her.

"He's still hot! I can't help it!" She picked up an apple and bit into it.

"He probably has a girlfriend by now."

"Yeah.. Some sorority brat."

I chuckled at her jealousy.

"So anyway, are we going?" She asked.

"Yeah okay!"

We left for the mall after hogging on the Mac and cheese

We reached the mall in 10 and went straight to Louis vuitton.

There, Kay picked up 4 dresses and went to try them on. After disliking 2, she finally found the best one. It was baby pink and ended mid thigh and had a halter neck, with half a bare back. It began about 2 inches below Kay's collar bone and was lined with silver diamonds. It hugged her body and showed off her curves.

I liked it on her. The color suited her.

"I approve." I said

"Consider it bought."

"How much?"

"Don't know, don't care."

She bought the dress and then went out the shop.