Chap 19-(1) A body-with blood on the top.

Chap 19. Part 1

Cassie's POV

It was the first day of school. Kay had somehow healed over the weekend and she was now kind of ready to go to school, on the condition that I would stay with her throughout the day, except the classes that I didn't have with her. Which were only 2 or 3.

I hadn't met Jay cause I was too busy consoling Kay. But I had called him. I wanted to tell Kay about him, but I just couldn't, not when I started dating him like a week after I broke up with her best friend, who had disappeared and still not called her.

"You okay? We've reached." said Kay.

"Yeah. Let's go. I know someone you have to meet." I replied.

"Ok..."

I walked fast towards school, and Kay tried hard to catch up. While walking, I called Jay to ask him where he was.

"Yeah, where are you?" I asked Jay.

"I am lost in the centre of the Earth." he said.

"Seriously, Jay, where are you?" I asked.

"Behind you." he said. I turned around, only to be welcomed by....

...Nothing.

"Jay, I will kill you if you don't tell me where you are NOW."

He was laughing his ass out on the other side of the phone. Just wait till I find him.

"Shit! You actually turned around?" he said in between laughs.

"Fine then, Jay, you can find your classes alone." I said.

"Ok, ok, chill down babe, I'm in the men's room." He 'babe'd me! Aahh! I actually am happy inside! Yay!

"Ok, then come out and meet me at the staircase going up to the first floor of the school."

"I'll do that. Bye."

I disconnected the call and led Kay to the staircase.

"So how long are we waiting here?" she asked.

"Not too long. He'll be here any minute." I was looking down the long hallway to our right, where the men's room was.

"So...You gonna tell me what he means to you?" she asked with a cocky smile.

I blushed and replied, "Oh, you know, a friend..."

"Oh my God! Cassie! My Little Hastings is dating something! Aahh, I'm so excited to meet him!" she started jumping up and down in glee. "What is he? Is he hot? Tall? Please tell me he's not fat. OMG, is he from NY? Ohmygodohmygodohmygod... My best friend has a New Yorker boyfriend! Where is he? I have to meet him."

I looked around, and saw him coming from the right side hallway. Huh? If he was in the men's room, how did he manage to go out and all the way around school and come from there?

I shrugged. Doesn't matter, he's here now, isn't he?

"There he is." I told Kay.

"There are so many 'He's there." she replied.

"He's the one who's coming here." I replied. It was only then that I saw five guys, other than Jay, all coming towards us.

"Come on!" Kay said.

"Shut up." I told her as I walked up to Jay.

"Hey babe." he said.

"Hey..." I faded off.

He leaned in and kissed me softly. It was brief, but magical.

"Ok, so if you two are done with your...whatever, you can introduce me." Kay said.

I giggled and replied, "Jay, this is Kay, Kay, this is Jay... And don't blame me if I get your names mixed up." I said, winking.

*

After school, I was just hanging out at a restaurant close to school, with Jay and Kay. It was kind of awkward, cause no one was saying anything, and clearly, everyone was uncomfortable. I really wanted to ask Jay how things went with his dad. I wanted to know, and I couldn't ask in front of Kay.

"You eating that?" Kay asked, interrupting my thoughts.

"No. All yours." I said, handing over the fries. Okay, that's it. I can't take it anymore. I have to tell Kay to go. But how? I mean, I couldn't blame her...Could I? No, I couldn't, but sometimes, it was more important to talk to your boyfriend than your girlfriend. Other times? Vice-versa.

I cleared my throat, "Um...Kay, I'm just gonna...Go to the bathroom for a bit... And I need your help, for you know..." I would much rather Jay think I had my period than make him wait awkwardly as I chased my best friend off.

Who am I kidding? It's awkward anyway.

She followed me into the bathroom. When I had closed the door, I asked her, "Kay, I know that we're the only company you've got right now, but I need you to go home for a little."

"But we just got here. We can't go home already."

"Exactly, that's why we're not going home. YOU are." I was kind of mean, but I was annoyed.

"Okay, if you say so." She said, looking sad as she walked towards the door in a shockingly slow speed.

"Okay, cut short on the drama, will ya?"

"What drama?" she asked.

"Seriously?"

"Well, I'm walking slowly because I really need to go to the bathroom, but I didn't want to ruin the dramatic exit."

"Told you to cut short on the drama." I said.

Kay started replying, but she was cut off by her own laughter. I broke into a fit of laughter myself.

When we were done giggling, and Kay looked like she was going to pee in her pants, I said, "Well, I hope we're cool now."

"We are." she said.

"Bye, then." I said, getting out of the ladies room.

That's when I heard the shriek, just where it all started.

***********

Hey! Hope you liked this half of the chap. Comment and vote. Thanks for reading! :* ♡