chapter 13-Discoveries

Chapter-13

Kayley's POV (Back to the night of the fight)

I entered my house and banged the door shut behind me. I could hardly cope with what was happening. And I couldn't hold it in any longer.

Tears poured out of my eyes like waterfalls.

Ok, maybe that was exaggerated, but I was justified. I couldn't believe that Cassie had accused me of doing stuff with Jake. I didn't even meet him yesterday! I mean, I did, but for hardly 5 seconds.

I was with Anna the whole time that i spent in school! Except one period that we didn't have together. I bunked most of the day, to avoid meeting Cass or Jake. I bunked lunch and everything after. And I just met-no, actually, I just SAW him walking down the school hallway when the third period bell rang. He was walking towards the bell room.

Wait a minute, why didn't this strike me before?

Why was he walking towards the bell room after the bell was rung? He wasn't there in class but I just thought that was to avoid me. I didn't pay much attention that time, but I think I saw Anna somewhere round the corner there too.

I thought hard bout what happened that day.

I remember coming out of English, and walking right across the hallway to get to history. While walking, I saw Jake heading the other direction. That led to the cafeteria, then the bell room, and then the entrance of the school. I thought he might be going out of school to bunk the period to avoid me.

You had to make a right turn to get to history, and at that turn, I saw Anna. I stopped to speak to her but she was in a hurry and she was acting weird. I thought it was just cause she was late for class or something, but I think there's more.

I thought hard about exactly what happened.

I remember entering history, and that time I saw that Anna also took the turn to that hallway. I hadn't thought much about it that time cause I had a test to care about. But now that I think of it, she had no reason to go there. She didn't have a free period. And the hallway was almost clear. All the students were in their classes. What would Anna want to do in an empty hallway during school hours?

Something was definitely up. And I have to know what.

Cassie's POV (The day after the New York tour)

I woke up late today, and thankfully, no unknown hottie was disturbing me today. I went to the front room after brushing. Jay was sitting there, watching t.v. and eating sandwich. I made myself one too, and then joined him on the couch. He was watching The Avengers. I like that movie.

Halfway through it, he turned to me and asked, "So howcome you're not all crazy and forcing me to change the channel?"

"Why would I do that?"

"Girls do that when transformers or Avengers comes on."

"Well, not me. I actually happen to like these movies. But I still prefer Wild Child or Ice Princess."

"They belong to a whole different decade."

"Even you do. That doesn't mean I stop talking to you."

He laughed. "You win"

I smirked.

"So you're gonna hang round here for the whole day?" I asked.

"Not exactly. I'm gonna go out to the garage closeby."

"Why?"

"It's a deserted garage where I've got a crew. So were like practicing for the street dance finals."