chapter 20 Death, death, go away. Come again some other day.

This chapter has not been edited! sorry.

Chap 20

"D" he wrote. I was going to die, and there was nothing I could do about it.

"A-are you gonna k-kill me?" I stuttered. Lame question. Of course he was going to kill me.

"No." He answered. Wait... What?

"No..?" I asked, doubtfully.

"No. I'm not killing you. I'm just here to write this shit on the wall and go away..." Huh? "Are you really that dumb?" He continued, "Of course I'm killing you."

Right. Of course he is. Now what? Do I just lie down and wait for him stab me in the heart?

"Well... we still have a couple hours to kill..." he said. "Any last wishes?"

There was so much I wanted to do before I died. I always wanted to go on a hike. Go swimming in the Pacific, go abroad... to the Indies, Hawaii, kiss the one I loved on the top of the eiffel tower...

There were so many things I wanted. So many unfulfilled wishes...

But I don't know why, this didn't feel much like the end. I didn't know what I was thinking, because how would I know what the end feels like, right? But, I don't know why, this just seemed like a story.

It felt like... a movie. Like, in a movie, when everything is bad, that's when the good comes. Just at the right moment, it'll all change, and it'll end happily.

Of course, that didn't happen in real life because life has to end with death... yet, this just didn't feel like that end moment. It felt like a part in the first 45 minutes. But the worst time hadn't come yet. I knew that. It couldn't have possibly come yet.

"Why, Jake?" I asked involuntarily.

"Because... You have to be dead."

"Why?"

"Well, you are going to die, so I might as well tell you. Kay just shouldn't have your support. Because..."

*

Kay's POV

My eyes fluttered open and I saw the empty hospital room around me. I felt sick to the stomach. My body felt numb from head to toe.

Suddenly, a nurse entered the room and called out to a doctor on seeing me awake.

The doctor entered and checked me up. Then my parents entered the room. The inevitable questions began, but i couldn't possibly answer them; not when I had just spotted a memory-triggering hoodie. 

I had tuned out from my parents' talks when my last memory came back. My eyes frantically searched the room for Cassie, but in vain. My stomach churned at the terrifying fate of my best friend. 

My mind raced while my body was paralyzed. I didn't have the energy to move anything other than my fingers. I wished to tell my parents; do anything to save Cass, but I felt so helpless.

Slowly, though, the seditives consumed my mind too and I drifted off again.

*FLASHBACK*

"We are." I said.

"Bye, then." Cass said, exitting the washroom.

I went and leaned against the sink, feeling so stupid about myself. 'Cassie has a life too. I shouldn't ruin it for her.' I thought to myself.

I thought of just going back home.

Just then, I heard loud footsteps walking towards me. They were coming from behind me.

I dared a look at the mirror, and then, everything went blank. I just remember Jake's face and a deep pain in my stomach. I could feel the blood oozing out, and I could almost see my life flash before my eyes, but I fought to hold on.

I tried my level best, and only then, I could hear some audible words.

"Cassie's next." said a girl. And everything went black.

*FLASHBACK OVER*

I opened my eyes with a jerk and glanced around. The seditives had obviously worn off. My whole body was in pain, but my heart ached the most. I couldn't do anything before helping Cassie. I had to go to her. She was next. Next. Cassie was next. And I didn't know if they'd be kind enough to spare her life like they did mine.

I sat up and tried to get off the bed, but I couldn't. The moment I'd stand up,my legs would give in and I'd fall right back. I tried numerous times, but failed Finally, I gave up and decided to call the police instead.

There was a little phone next to me. I reached for it and dialed 911.

I told the police everything. From scratch.

They said they would go to Cassie's house immediately and that I should just rest.

However, I obviously couldn't do that. I rest while my best friend was dying? No chance in hell.