chapter 18 Back home

Chap 18

Cassie's POV

It was the day that we were supposed to go back to LA. In fact, we were already on the plane. I was very tired and sleepy cause I hadn't even got an hour's sleep the previous night.

Why? Probably cause Jay forced me to go with him to some dinner with Dylan and his girlfriend. I can't say I regretted going. I enjoyed having dinner with them. I also enjoyed watching both of them. They were so cute together. I couldn't explain it, exactly, but it seemed as if there was actual fire burning between them.

If it were two days ago, I would never say that Alice was worth the new Dylan. But now I think it isn't New York that changed him, it's Alice. I never thought this was possible, but, I think he actually LOVES Alice.

Coming back to the point, I don't regret going for dinner, I regret going to some dance bar after that. We all went there and got drunk, and danced till 3am. And at that time, we realized we had a 5 o'clock flight. So we ran back home, packed up our crap and barely made it to the airport in time. Thank God we only had a few shots, cause if we were too drunk, they would probably arrest us.

"What's up with you?" Jay asked.

"Nothing, I guess I'm just tired. Aren't you?" I asked.

"Kind of."

"I'm sleeping. Good night." I said.

*

Kay's POV (Few hours later)

"Kay, honey, come down, will you?" my mom shouted from the living room.

I didn't answer. I couldn't go down, and I didn't want to lie to my mom about it.

I obviously couldn't tell her that I was staying locked up in my room for at least 5 more years because I knew that whoever was attacking these people was also going to attack me, sooner or later. Specially considering the fact that this person had a hologram of me...or some smart photoshop mechanism that could make me seem responsible for everything that the hologram would do... Like shoot a porno in the school camera room.

Ughh! The very thought of it would disgust me.

"You've been in there for 2 days, sweetie. How can we help you if we don't know what happened?" my mom said when she realized she wasn't getting an answer.

"You CAN'T help me! Don't you get that, mom?" I said.

"And the sealed up, dark, suffocating room of yours can?"

She was right. Sealing up the room and sitting in it forever isn't going to help. And even if I did come out after 5 years, I couldn't be sure that the person wouldn't be out to get me then. But I was too scared. Call me a pussy, but I couldn't put myself out there to get placed in the hospital next to Marc. Or Anna.

"...Try to get her out of the room." I heard my mother's voice. Wait, who was she talking to? What if it's the killer, disguised as my friend to fool my mom? But, she got fooled!

Oh God, oh God, what now? Ok, ok, think. Who would my mom let in with no concern? Anna? Dead. Some random person? Probably not. Then who?

I cought my breath. Jake? Yes. Jake. It had to be Jake. He must have got my message. But... Could I trust him? Am I crazy? Of course I could. I mean, this is Jake! I have known him for like ever.

...But, holograms?  I was freaking-

My thoughts were interrupted by a knock. I was taken off guard, so I fell off the bed and bumped my head on the side table, and shouted, "Ouch!" Just as the door opened, and I curled into a ball in the shadows, just as a last attempt to save myself from an eternity in heaven.

I heard footsteps walking towards me and all I could see was a hand raise and land on...

...the switch board above my head...?

That's when there was enough light to see that the person was...

...Cassie! Yay..! I was so happy I literally jumped up and hugged her so tight, it might as well have stopped her breath.

"Okay, okay, I get that you want to suffocate me to death, but an I not too young to die?" she said.

"Shut up. Don't talk about death." I said.

"Okay...?" she paused, but then continued, "So you gonna tell me why you're locked up in prison?"

"Death." I said, sitting down on the bed.

"Huh?"

"Anna...died." I spat.

"What? Oh my God! How?" she said, surprised.

"She was killed." I said.

"By whom?"

"No one knows."

"But I still don't understand why you've done this to your room."

"Whoever is out there is out there to get me." I said.

"Okay, so a person murdered Anna, but that doesn't mean he's out there to get you! Don't you think that's a little immature, Kay?" she asked softly.

"Ok, yeah. When you put it like that it sounds stupid, but you don't know the whole story."

"Then will you please do the honours of telling me?"

"See, the day that Anna died, I first went to the hospital. Later, I realized that Jake could have seen what happened to her because both of them were walking towards the camera room at the same time. So-"

"Where exactly was she killed?"

"The camera room. And then her body was dragged all over school." I said.

"Shit..." she was clearly terrified.

"So I went to Jake's house. He wasn't there. He wouldn't even pick up his phone. And I don't think anyone's seen him since then."

"So you think Jake did it? That still doesn't justify you being scared of him. Not this scared of him." she said, gesturing towards the room.

"You haven't heard the full thing yet." I said to her, starting a whole conversation that never seemed to end.

*♡♥♡*

Hey there! Hope you like the chapter..Nothing much in it, I know, but the next chap is gonna be divided into 2 halves. It'll be an awesome chap, I promise.

Comment and vote. Thanks for reading! :*