Chapter 19-(2)-A body, with blood on the top

chap 19-part 2

Cassie's POV

"We're sorry ma'am, but you have to wait outside." said the doctor.

WAIT OUTSIDE?! MY BEST FRIEND WAS ATTACKED AND I'M SUPPOSED TO WAIT OUTSIDE?

I fought and opened the door to enter the surgery room. My vision was blurred because of the tears in my eyes. All I could see was the scratched up face of my best friend, and million people in green.

"Kayley!" I tried to shout so she'd hear me. But I think it came out as a whisper. "Kayley!" I tried harder. No response. "KAYLEY SCOTT!" I shouted, tearing my vocal chords. Still. No. Response.

Is she...? Can she be..? No! Kay can't die. She...

I vaguely felt hands clutch the sides of my arms and pull me back.

"I'm sorry, child, but you have to wait here," said an old nurse.

"But, my best friend...."

"I know. You did a good job, bringing her here. But the doctors will take it from here."

Someone guided me to a sofa. I sat and stared blankly into space.

Jay's hand reached out to mine as he embraced me.

"It's okay, she'll be alright," he said.

"No she won't," I snapped bitterly.

"Why not..?"

"Whoever attacked her did it for something, and I don't think he's got it yet." I gulped. "And he didn't intend on keeping her alive."

"Why would you think so?"

"Anna-dead. Mark-Probably would have died. Jake-missing. His body is probably just not found. Whatever this person wants, it has to do with the teenagers of our school. And we are part of them," I said.

I don't even know where the mood swing came from. But I guess I wasn't that surprised.

I had to meet Kay. I had to tell her who her attacker was. I had to tell her before I myself got attacked.

"Ok, don't... Don't say that, Cass. Only Anna is dead. Maybe the people who attacked Anna and Kay and Marc are not the same. And if they are, do you think it would be hard for them to just kill all 3 of them? If they can kill one, two more aren't a biggie. Trust me, if they wanted Kay and Marc dead, they would be."

"Then why do you think we're not on that list?"

"I don't think that. I just think that we're alive right now, and we're perfectly fine."

"What about her?" I asked.

"Who her?"

"That crazy blonde who attacked Kay." His expression changed. His eyes looked up at me in shock.

"What crazy blonde? Did you see his face?"

"No. But I remember seeing blue jeans on his legs, which were all I could see of him, apart from a flash of his bear back. He attacked someone shirtless? Why??"

"So, are you gonna tell the police?" he asked.

"Of course. I can't hide such a big thing from them."

"Yeah..." he faded away, and we both sat in an awkward silence, thinking of what to say next.

***

Kay hadn't woken up yet and had it been up to me, I would have definitely stayed in the hospital all day and night, till she woke up.

But then again, I'm only 16, so I still have to obey my parents.

I came home and barged right into my room. It was dark in there, but I didn't care. I just started changing into my pajamas and tank top, and then sat on my bed and checked my phone. Kay's parents said they would send me a text the moment they had news from Kay.

When I was done checking every single thing that I could receive a message from, including my e-mail, Facebook, BlackBerry Messenger, and even Twitter, and I still hadn't received any news, I gave up.

I tried calling Jay instead. He had left before my parents came. I didn't want to explain anything to them that time. Not with everything that happened with Kay.

"Hello. Jay?" I spoke.

"Yes, Cass. What happened?"

"Nothing, really. No news from Kay yet. What do you think is gonna happen?"

"Hard to say... I really don't know."

"Come here now!" said an angry voice from his side of the phone. A female voice.

"Shut up!" said a hushed voice, which I guess was Jay's.

"Who was that, Jay?" I asked.

"Oh, just some girlfriend...." I was just about to kill him through the phone when he added, "Of my dad."

Phew. That saved him. But why was he speaking like that to his dad's girlfriend? Was he already in trouble?

"Listen, I gotta go. I'll call you later. Tell me if there's any news from Kay," he said.

"Ok, bye!" And the line was cut! No bye? What was wrong with him?

Maybe he was busy. Yeah, I think he was.

I kept my phone on the table beside my bed and then took off the blanket so I could sneek into it and sleep.

Just as I was going to doze off, I heard a creek.

I sat up and looked towards the sound. Nothing. Eh, must be just the wind or the cat. Who cares? I went back to sleep.

Another creek, louder. This was creepy. I sat up and called out, "Mom? Dad?" Even though it wasn't in the direction of the door, my mind wanted to believe it was just one of them. But I got no answer.

"Who's there?" I called out. No answer.

After a few minutes, when there was no more creeks, I went back to bed.

"Sandwich?" said a voice that sent shivers down my spine. Two footsteps were heard, and then I dared to open my eyes, even though it was scary.

And I was right. It was Him. In nothing but blue jeans, he stepped out of the shadows, the clear line of his face and abs shone in the moonlight coming from my window. His face just had a light smirk on it, and he carried a sandwich in his hand.

Blue Jeans. Bare Back. I'm dead freaking meat!

'Oh God.' I prayed in my mind. 'If I do have to die today, I thank you for my life and all those other things. I think Jay is the closest I've come to love, even though I don't really love him. Point is, I thank you for Jay, and I hope he has a good life. But mainly, I thank you for this. I thank you for having this one kill me. Seriously, if it was up to me, Jake's beautiful body is definitely the last thing I would like to see before I die. Definitely!'

'PS, please make my death quick and painless.' I prayed, as I received a text on my phone. It appeared on my screen, so I switched my eyesight there and read:

Text message from Kay's Mother

The Police have found a link between the attacks. It's a sign saying, "The last thing he saw before his death was a certain beautiful body. Naked."

Horrified, I looked back at Jake. He was dipping his finger in my blue paint and writing on my art paper, "The last thing she saw before her death was a beautiful body. Nake" as he dipped his finger in the paint one more time, I repeated in my mind, 'Please God, make it quick and painless. Or, you could just let me live...'

***

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! CLIFF HANGER! I am EVILL... Anyway, hope you liked it.. vote/comment please.

Thanks for reading!