Chapter 21

"Just a few more stop lights." I tell myself, as I continue driving to my grandmas, and I remember that Fabian would be here.

It's Saturday morning, 8 o'clock, so I doubt a lot of people would be up.

I pass all the green lights, and pull up to her driveway to see 5, to familiar cars.

I put my car in park, get my things out of the back and go into her house.

I close the door quietly, and make my way up to the spare bedroom she has for me.

I walk in, set my things down and look around.

It looks the same, but something about those cars makes me not want to be here.

I decide that I could text Fabian.

Me: idk if you're up or not.. butttt... guess who's in town?!??

I put my phone in my sweatpant pocket and make my way into the kitchen.

I pour myself a bowl of cereal and turn on the TV, only to notice that nothing interesting is on at 8am.

I feel my phone buzz, and I look at it.

Fabian: YOU?!

Me: yeahhhhh.

Fabian: ohmygod can I come over? I'm bored af.

Me: sure, be quiet tho everyone is asleep.

Fabian: aight I'll be over in like 15.

I lock my phone and continue looking through channels.

-

"So, tell me what's been going on," he saying taking a sip of his Capri sun and sitting next to me.

"Well, ever since I told you I liked Sammy a little, we started to date, he then cheated on me, and me and Jack are dating now. I also got a new tattoo. a-," before I could finish, he wanted to see my tattoo.

I showed it to him, he he gazed over it, "why not bigger?"

I shrug, "let me finish," he nods, "Sammy- he, well, um-," I find myself lost of words. "Raped me," I whisper and Fabians face goes blank.

"No, Sammy? He wouldn't. I thought he was such a good kid though," he trails off a little.

"Most people probably did, Fabian," I say looking at him.

There was a moment of silence, before he broke it, "so how are you and Jack doing then?"

"We're doing good, he helps me sleep at night, but I guess I'll have to learn to sleep on my own, and be a bigger person now. He didn't want me to leave, but he knew just as much as I did, that he needed to focus on the singing with Jack," I say and Fabian nods. "You and Katie?"

He smiles at her name, "oh she's everything I could have ever wanted in a girlfriend, she's so sweet, we both understand when we want our time, yet she is always down to come over, or let me come over and cuddle or something. God, she's just perfect," he smiles again and so do I.

We hear the door open, and turn our gaze over there.

And all of a sudden, those 5 cars became noticeable, and the weird feeling I had about the cars were recognized.