Chapter 26

It's been a few hours since they took th X-rays, waiting on the cat-scans.

I was in a hospital bed with a horrible pain in my left upper arm.

Jack was in a chair right by the bed, asleep. but I wanted to stay up to see what the doctors had to say.

He finally walks in, "oh, you're awake," Dr. Dakine smiles.

"Yeah," I say quietly.

"So, we did find out that your arm is broken. We will put your arm in a sling tonight, and get a cast tomorrow. Would you like to stay the night?"

"That would be nice," I say looking at Jack, "could he... sleep in the bed with me?"

"Oh! Of course," he smiles, putting the clipboard at the end of my hospital bed, "see you later today for the cast."

He went into a little room, and grabbed a sling, and helped me put it on, "goodnight Miss. Johnson."

I smiled as nodded. I found my phone and decided that I could spam Jack with texts to see if he'll wake up.

Me: hey.

Me: hey guess what.

Me: you should wake up baby.

Me: hEY HANDSOME.

Me: really.

Me: can you wake up now.

Me: please.

Me: for meee??

Me: you know you want it.

Me: but you're a gooood girll.

Me: baby.

Me: hey baby.

Me: c'mon

Me: wake up.

Me: is you phone off?

Me: no I hear in vibrating.

Me: GUESS WHAT.

Me: I have good and bad news. so wake up.

I finally see him shuffle, and pull out his phone. he presses the home button, but it was bright, so he turned down the brightness and read all the messages, smiling looking up at me.

"Come here," I say scooting over and patting the bed next to me.

He smiles, and gladly gets into the bed next to me, putting his arm around my waist, pulling me closer to him, protecting me.

"So what's the good and bad news?"

"I'll tell you, well you'll probably figure out, tomorrow," I say smiling, laying my head on his chest.

I could tell he smiled, as he rubbed my back, and soon, we both feel asleep.

-

They gonna try and bring you down, hatins what they do-

My ring tone went off.

I looked at my phone and "Brother Johnson" showed up on my phone.

I slid answer, "hello?"

"Mack! Where are you?"

"Um, the hospital?" I say, coming out more of a question.

"What?! Why?!"

"JJ, you'll see when I get home later today. I love you."

"Your being so distant with me," he sighs, and it breaks my heart a little, "I love you too."

He hangs up and I do the same.

I shake Jack a little, to wake him up.

"Hmm?" He groans, turning on his side, so he faced me, and opened his eyes.

"Get out of the bed, the doctor is gonna come back soon," I say pushing him with my good arm.

"Ughh," he groans, slowing taking off the blankets, rubbing his eyes, and going back to the chair, "so the news you were talking about last night," Jack says.

"Oh, the good news was that you could sleep in the bed with me," I say, and he smirks. "and the bad news is that my arm is broken," I say moving my arm so he could see the sling.

His eyes widen at it, "are you in pain? Doesn't it hurt? Do you need the doctor? Do you need some pain medicine? Do you want to sleep? Do you-"

"Jack shut up, I'm fine, chill out," I smile at his concern, and he sighs in relief that I'm fine, and sits down.

Dr. Dakine walks back in with a big smile on his face, "you're awake. Now let's go get your cast on," he says motioning for me to get up.

I nod and kiss Jacks cheek before walking to wherever the Dr. is bringing me.

-

I got a plain white cast, and now I'm walking back to my hospital room, where I left Jack last.

I open the door, and Jack shoots up to look at me.

"Are you okay? Does it hurt?" He frantically asks.

I just chuckle at his worry ness and nod.

"Hey, did you happen to bring me any clothes?" I ask looking at him, and at my uncomfortable clothes.

"Yeah," he smiles handing me folded clothes and some Jordan's on top of them.

I smile, and go into the bathroom to change.

Jack provided me with a black sweatshirt with white bold letters that say "cool story bro. now go make me a sandwich." some Adidas pants, and then the Jordan's.

I put my hair into bun, the best I could with my cast, and walked out of the bathroom with my old clothes in hand.

"Here," Jack says taking my clothes out of my hands, and leading us to a desk to sign out.

"Okay Miss. Johnson, here are some pain pills," he says handing my a bag that has pills in then and some papers, "and on these papers are other ways that you could decrease the pain when you get it," she smiles and I nod, taking the paper and bag.

When we get into the car, Jack gently places his hand on my thigh, and it doesn't bother me, and I know that he knows that at this state with a cast, I don't want sex.

I hope.