Chapter Forty-six

Chapter Forty-six

"Oh." Xavier swallowed a lump in his throat. "I'm sorry. You're dating Daniel?" He sounded surprised.

The blond boy nodded. "Yeah. So don't speak to him that way." He circled an arm around Daniel's shoulders. "We have a table to get back to." He sent Xavier a death stare before he walked side by side with Daniel out into the hall.

"Oh, shit!" Daniel parted from the guy and slammed his forehead on a wall. "That was so cool!" He turned back to him. "What's your name?"

"I'm Harden." He walked down the hall into the main area.

Daniel followed after him. "Thanks for that."

"No problem, Daniel."

"Damn, he's hot." Daniel watched him walk away, but was surprised to see where he sat. "Oh, no."

It was Jackson, Jamal, and Tyler.

"Emma, fuck." Daniel bit his bottom lip and searched for his friends—sitting three booths away.

Daniel immediately walked over to his friends and sat in the booth across from Emma and Gabriel. She had teary eyes that puffed up a bit.

"You saw him?" Daniel leaned in. "Do you want to leave?"

She furrowed her eyebrows. "Saw who?"

Daniel pointed behind them. "Tyler. That's why you're crying, right?"

Emma slowly turned her head around. "Where?"

Daniel looked confused. "But you were crying."

"Yeah. I know-" she stopped speaking when she spotted him. "Fuck."

"You're just seeing him?"

"Uhm." Gabriel looked in between him and Emma. "N-No?"

Emma kept looking at him as he laughed at something. "What the hell is he doing here?"

When he locked eyes with her, she panicked and got up. "We need to leave." She picked up her phone and keys. "Come on!" she whispered to them and they followed immediately.

"Wait! Our food!" Gabriel stopped them.

Daniel pulled him out the door. "We haven't  paid yet!"

"Emma!" Tyler walked out of the restaurant after her. "Fuck. I haven't seen you in so long." He couldn't stop smiling, and she couldn't stop overthinking.

"Yeah. But what are you doing here?"

He ran his fingers through his finger hair. "Coach Honey's wedding. I just have to be there."

"Coach Honey invited you to his wedding?" Gabriel asked.

"No, but he's Jamal's dad."

"That is some information." Daniel covered his face with his hands.

"Yeah, uhm, so you look well." It was awkward after that.