Chapter Three

Chapter Three

Silence. It was always way too much of an unnecessary thing Emma thought she needed. She didn't socialize much when she was a younger teenager, or when she was a small child. Her mother would often try to take her to child therapy. Emma always threw a tantrum when she was little, but when she was older she only begged her mother not to.

Emma still remembers the first day she met her best friends.

𖨆

"I'm telling you! He said he was going to be here," Heather, Emma's middle school best friend told her.

They were walking to school on the wet pavement from last night's storm. The green and leafy trees seemed to follow beside them from the corner of their eyes.

"Where is he?" she asked, more to herself than anybody else.

The previous night, her friend, Luke, told her and Heather that he was going to be walking in the same direction that they were going.

"He's not coming," she finally gave up and huffed.

"I guess not." Heather sighed.

Heather had blond hair and blue eyes. Her parents were her foster parents and she wasn't afraid to admit it.

"Watch out!" someone yelled from behind them.

Emma's head turned back over her shoulder and a guy, wavy brown hair that touched his shoulder, light brown eyes, and tan skin rode down the steep sidewalk on a skateboard.

Emma squealed and grabbed her friend's arm, pulling her with her as she stepped off the sidewalk and stood on the road.

"Shit. Thanks!" Heather told her. "I'm too slow."

Emma only smiled and they stepped back onto the sidewalk. Their eyes were trained on the guy that was now walking with the skateboard under his arm.

Emma felt a tap on her shoulder. "Hey!" Another guy, his hair was curly and dark brown, his skin the darkest she's seen. His eyes were a light green and his smile flashed his perfect, white teeth. "I'm sorry about him." He laughed. His laugh made her laugh, it felt so natural she was already okay with him even touching her shoulder.

"It's fine." She waves her hand dismissively and kept walking with him in between her and Heather.

"Still," he said before introducing himself and the rest that slowly approached them from behind.

"Hey." Heather and Emma turned their head and saw two other guys walking behind them.

"Uhm, hi." Emma smiled at them before turning her head back down in front of her as she walked.

"What are your names?" The guy with the green eyes asked.

"I'm Heather and she's Emma."

"Hm, I'm Gabriel," Gabriel turned and he started walking backward as he pointed to the other two guys. "That's Daniel," he pointed to the guy with brown eyes, hair that was dyed a beautiful pink, and skin paler than Emma's. "And that's Brian." He pointed to the other guy with blue eyes that almost looked like waves overlapping each other. His hair was a curly light brown, and his skin fair but yellowish. Gabriel turned back around and pointed to the guy holding the skateboard. "He's Connor."