Chapter Thirty-six

Chapter Thirty-six

Several Months Later

"It's the last week of school, what do you have to say about that?" Brian walked backward down the halls as he faced his best friends. "We've graduated, and now it's time to blast off, bitches."

Emma shook her head at him. "We still have things to do. It's a whole week of boring."

"Come on," Gabriel bumped his shoulder with hers, "you think they'll give us homework when it's the end of the school year?"

Emma shrugged with a teasing grin on her lips. "I don't know. You tell me."

"Attention students," it was the intercom, "this last week of school we'll be hosting games on the football field. Whoever wishes to sign up for said games, will be participating in what we have planned for each day of the week during lunch hours. Thank you."

Daniel started jumping and down.

"No," Connor emphasized. "No."

Daniel nodded. "Que si."

Emma rolled her eyes. "I've got a class to be in. Later, losers." She turned around and walked away, letting them decide on whether to sign up or not.

𖨆

"So?" Emma sat on the last empty seat at the lunch table. "Made up your mind?"

Daniel rolled his eyes and crossed his arms over his chest.

Brian shook his head. "We're not doing it. Daniel, here, is just looking for an excuse to flash his ass to the whole school."

Daniel scoffed. "Bitches deserve it. I suffered, bled, and almost died of physical torture on these school grounds. I'm just too precious to be left unnoticed. My ass deserves some attention."

"You have Xavier for that," Connor murmured before he bit into his pepperoni pizza. "Why can't he give your flat ass some love?" he mumbled with a mouth full of food.

Daniel sighed, dropping his sandwich on the paper plate. "Last time we saw each other was a month ago. He's been busy with school. I have, too."

"Come on," Emma directed. "Let the man flash these people's poor eyes. Just one last time, let him be the slut he is."

Daniel gasped and slapped his chest. "Aw!" He wiped faked tears from under his eyes. "See? She's thinking about Poppa."

Gabriel scrunched up his nose. "Don't call yourself that."

"Don't disrespect your mother." He pointed a stern finger at him with a grimace.

"You said you were Poppa."

"I can be both. Now eat your chicken strips." With a finger, he gestured at Gabriel's food which was anything but strips and chicken.

"O-Okay."

𖨆

"Emma."

Emma let out a little shriek. "Fuck, you scared me." She chuckled a little and then looked up, making this all seem like a nightmare. "Wh-What do you want Olivia?"