Chapter Forty-five

Chapter Forty-five

"Emma." Emiliano stopped her from leaving. "Don't go, princesa."

He hugged her from behind, pulling her away from the double doors. He buried his face in her neck and inhaled her scent. "I . . ."

"Stop calling me that." She looked up. "You're confusing me."

"Confusing you?" He rested his chin on her head. "I'm telling you to stay."

Emma held his hands that were locked in front of her body. "But that's not what my head is telling me, Emiliano," she whispered.

"Okay, now you're confusing me. The hell out of me."

"I'm sorry."

"That's the thing," he turned her around in his arms, "you have nothing to be sorry for. You haven't done anything, Emma."

"Yes, I have." She glared up at him, craning her neck. "It's not okay for me to think this way."

"What way?" He shook his head in confusion. "In a way that you want my cock down your throat? Is that why?"

"Ugh." She attempted to push him away. "You don't understand. It's not okay," she mumbled.

"Emma, stop!" He held her tighter. "I don't know what's going on but you have to tell me to let you go!"

"No!" She stepped on his foot but he didn't even flinch. "Damn you, you sexy God," she muttered.

"Stop!" He finally got her to stop moving. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing." She looked down at her hands. "You're just . . . You're just--I don't know." She slumped against him. "I feel like you're getting me somewhere."

"What?" He held her upright.

"Somewhere I'm not supposed to be." She sniffled. "I'm scared. You're too much. I don't know how it happened and-and-"

"Emma." He pulled away a little to look down into her eyes. "What happened?"

Craning up her neck to look at him, tears streamed down her reddened cheeks. "You don't even get it. Is this what it's like?"

"What is?" He shook her a bit.

Having a crush on someone. "Nothing." She pushed him again. "I'm sleepy. I want to go to sleep." She looked around the foyer as if some bed would magically appear.

"Come on." He grabbed her hand in his and led her up the various staircases.

They entered his room and he closed the door behind them. He led her to his bed and laid her down with him beside her. He held her close to him and caressed the back of her head as he waited for her breathing to even.

Emma closed her eyes and tried to hide the glossiness in them. I can't. I'm not supposed to feel this. It's wrong.

"It's okay." He kissed the top of her head when he felt her jolt in a heart-crushing sob.

He's so close, and he doesn't even know what I'm crying about. I don't cry over boys--and he's not a boy. I don't like this feeling. This isn't right. It hurts so bad.

"Shh. I don't know why you're crying, but I'm here, princesa."

Please! It's because of you! It hurts that you don't know that, and it's my fault. It's my fault I feel this way. This isn't okay.

𖨆

"It's turkey day tomorrow!" Daniel made everybody jump when he entered the kitchen.