Chapter Seventeen

Chapter Seventeen

"How do you think they're doing?" Isabella walks over to Daniel while she rubbed her hands with sanitizer.

Daniel huffed and puffed and looked over at Emiliano with Abrielle. Both laughed at something either one of them said.

"He's . . . I don't know. I can't believe you set them up."

After Daniel threatened to 'snitch', Isabella told him about how she told Abrielle about Emiliano being single as fuck. So she took her shot.

"He needs a woman in his life." Isabella hugged Daniel's arm. "He's been single for way too long. I feel sad when I look at him in his home office, with all that paperwork."

Daniel shrugged. "He built his company out of nothing."

"And I'm proud of him." She smiled as she watched Emiliano laugh once again. "I just want to see him happy, I want him to have kids. I want to be a grandma. I want him to get married to the woman he loves."

Daniel chewed on his lip. "Is he even capable of love?"

Isabella lightly slapped his chest. "Don't say that. Everybody is capable of love." She stood in front of him and fixed a few fallen hairs on his forehead. "Even you, darling."

𖨆

"I believe the earth is round." Abrielle drank from her paper straw.

Emiliano rubbed his growing beard and mustache, he chuckled. "Well, thank you."

Abrielle giggled and bit into her cheeseburger. "Have you ever been on a date?"

Emiliano stared at her. "I'm thirty-four."

Abrielle nodded. "Right, right. You're a thirty-four-year-old single man, that has been on dates."

He sighed. "I just . . . don't have the time and patience to be looking for someone to keep me company." He cleared his throat.

Abrielle was going to reach over to put her hand on top of his, but he moved it away just as she was about to make her move.

"What about you?" he asked.

"If I've been on a date before?"

He stood up to take his suit jacket off and Abrielle almost orgasmed at the view of his dress shirt that clung to his muscles—everywhere to the peering eyes.

"Yeah, Yeah." She crosses her left leg over her right. "I've been on some dates."

Emiliano fixed his sleeves so they were rolled up to his elbows. "Have you ever dated one of them?"

Abrielle nodded and tried to avert her gaze from the forearms she so desperately wanted to cling to while he-

"A few. Never last, though."

Emiliano picked up his cup that contained orange soda inside. "Why not?"

She looked down at the table as she spoke. "Some aren't mature, and the others are simply just . . . not worth it."

Emiliano hummed.

"So, Daniel's like your son?"