Finally Free

Me and the guys decided to go check out the venue.

"This place this packed!" I said excited.

"And there are so many record execs here," Luke said surveying the room.

"This is going to be awesome!" Reggie said.

"We should get back to Julie and make sure she's ready," Luke said.

"Yeah, let's go," Alex agreed.

"Wait!" I yelled and all of them looked at me, "Reggie can I uh, talk to you for a second."

"Sure?" he said as more or a question. Alex gave me a thumbs up from behind Reggie before him and Luke left.

"So...I...um," I started to say, but then realized this was neither the best time nor place to do this, "I need you to remind me to talk to you later, when we have more time."

"Okay, I can do that. Now let's go," he said taking my hand and poofing back to Julie's house. 

We met back up with Alex and Luke and headed to Julie's room. The guys were just about to walk in before I stopped them.

"Knock first!"

"Alright I got this," Reggie said sticking his hand through the door and knocking from the other side. He was such a dork.

"What are you guys doing?" Julie asked.

Reggie stuck his head through the door, "We're being classy." Then Luke pulled him back and walked through the door himself and the rest of us followed.

"Why are you still here? We're going in, like, 20 minutes," Luke said.

"I lied to my dad, so... now I'm stuck in my room all night," she explained.

"Yeah, but we were just at the venue, I mean, it's packed. Like VIPs, managers, it's kind of crazy," Alex said.

"What are we gonna do about my aunt? She's right downstairs," Julie asked.

"Your aunt," Luke said laughing, "You're not taking the stairs." He opened Julie's bedroom window.

"Okay, Let me get dressed, I'll meet you guys there," Julie responded.

Alex, Reggie, and I poofed to the studio for last minute adjustments to our wardrobe and Luke soon followed. Alex walked up to me and I knew what he was going to say.

"Okay, I know for a fact you two weren't gone long enough to talk about it," he whispered.

"It wasn't the right time, but I did tell him I needed to talk to him soon," I explained.

"Alright, I guess that's better than nothing," he said.

"You two ready to go?" Luke asked us.

"Yeah," I said and then the four of us poofed to the venue and stood by Julie and Flynn. The group from Julie's school, Dirty Candy was performing, and Alex got on the stage and started dancing with them. It was amazing, I never knew he could dance like that. Alex stopped dancing and came back to us.

"You having fun out there?" Julie asked him.

"It's not my fault, it's my, um...It's my feet," Alex said making up an excuse.

"Oh, I'm sure," I said laughing.

"Put me back in coach," Alex said before getting back on the stage and finishing the dance with the group.

"Hey, um...I was just...I was just doing that for you guys," Alex said.

"mm-hmm, you can stop smiling now," Reggie said, calling him out.

"I'm not gonna lie. That was...kind of good," Julie said.

"Yeah. I forgot why I hate her so much," Flynn added.

Carrie came walking down the stairs to us, and her group followed, "Hi, girls. Um, isn't past your bedtime?"

"I think I just remembered for you," I said.

"If you're looking for Nick, he didn't come," Carrie said.

"That's not why I'm here," Julie said.

Then an announcer guy walked on stage, "Okay, it looks like we're closing the night out with one more group, Julie and The Fat Ones." Everyone started laughing and we all looked at Luke.

"Really?" Alex asked.

"Yeah, man. My handwriting sucks," Luke replied.

Julie walked on stage and clarified that our name was Julie and The Phantoms but no one seemed too concerned. Then she started playing.

"Hearts on fire. We're no liars. So we say what we wanna say. I'm awakened. No more fakin'. So we push all our fears away. Don't know if I'll make it 'cause I'm falling under. Close my eyes and feel my chest beating like thunder. I wanna fly. Come alive. Watch me shine," Julie sang and then we popped in. We were all playing and having fun and then at one point Julie and Luke were sharing a mic. Reggie, Alex, and I all looked at each other because we could tell that they had a thing for each other. Reggie and I shared a mic which resulted in us getting pretty close and then he smiled and winked at me so I had to try my hardest not to laugh. The song finished and then we disappeared from everyone's view.

The crowd was shocked and then cheered for us.

"Thank you. We're Julie and the Phantoms. Tell your friends," Julie said and then walked over and hugged Flynn.

"You were incredible," Flynn said.

"Yeah, we were," Reggie said as we appeared beside them.

We talked for a little bit more than a business lady walked toward us.

"Hey. Hey! whoever Carrie was trying to impress is coming this way," Luke said.

"Oh, it's..." Julie started to say and then turned around. 

"She looks all business," Alex commented.

"Wait. Who should do the talking?" Reggie asked and we stared at him, "Right. Julie. Julie."

"Yeah," Julie said.

"You got this," Luke encouraged her.

"Hi, I'm Andi Parker, and I would--" That lady began to say.

"Julie!" Julie's dad said.

"Dad," Julie said surprised.

"It's time to go," He said and then made Julie leave.

Things were just starting to get better, and now Julie might not be able to play with us, can't we catch a break?

A/N: I've been updating everyday for the past few days, and it's been really fun, but I have a lot of school stuff to get does this week before Christmas break, so I don't know if I'll be able to keep updating everyday but I'll try my best. If I'm not I promise I'll update once everything is done. Stay safe :).