Stolen Music

We were about to run the song we were practicing again when Alex walked in.

"Oh. Hey, Alex," Reggie greeted him.

"Where have you been?" Luke questioned, "We need to start practicing."

"Yeah? For what?" Alex asked.

"You would know if you were here," I muttered to myself.

"What was that? I didn't hear you," Alex said.

"Nothing," I said annoyed.

Then Flynn walked in the room, "Dance news! I don't have a date. But I don't care because I'm so psyched to see you guys perform."

"Oh man! We're playing a dance?" Alex complained.

"Of course, dude. That's how we get a following nowadays," Luke explained.

"Yeah, get with the program, Alex," Julie said while her and Luke smiled at each other, I had to admit they were really cute.

"What? They're here?" Flynn exclaimed, "Hey guys!" she waved in the wrong direction.

"Other way, sweetie," Julie said.

"Oh," Flynn said turning around and waving in the correct direction. Reggie, Alex, and I all waved back to her.

"Okay, well, now that Alex has graced us with his presence, can we start working?" Luke asked.

"Yes! We're gonna rehearse. You wanna stick around?" Julie asked Flynn.

"I'm supposed to blow up 500 balloons for the school dance, but this sounds way better," Flynn said.

"Hey, Julie. Remember those orbs in Dad's pictures," Julie's little brother Carlos asked walking through Alex and standing in the middle of all of us, "I...I think they're ghosts. But don't worry, this rooms is...is.... This room is clean. I'm not getting the ghost tinglies."

"Wrong again, little dude," Reggie said, but obviously Carlos didn't hear him.

"Have no fear, if they come back, I will protect you, because I am the man of the house," Carlos stated.

"Isn't dad suppose to be the man of the house?" Julie asked.

"There can be two," Carlos responded, "Dad needs all the help he can get, right?"

Julie chuckled at him and then he pulled something out of his pocket.

"According to the internet, salt burns their souls out," he said, "A little sprinkle will keep them from ever coming in here."

He threw some salt toward Reggie and Reggie pulled his legs and guitar away from it. Then he threw it toward where Luke and I were and we backed a way from it. Finally he threw it right at Alex.

"No! Oh God, I'm... I'm fine," Alex said being dramatic.

Julie signaled to Flynn to get Carlos of of the room and she did.

"Shall we try this again?" Julie asked.

"Yes, please, but remind us later. There's some Sunset Curve songs that we want to show you," Luke said.

"Ooh! Show me now," Julie said excited.

"Yeah okay," Luke agreed, "Home Is Where My Horse Is? (I usually don't do this but Jeremy Shada actually wrote this song so if you want you can check it out on his YouTube.) Reggie, stop putting your country songs in my journal."

"That was a gift," Reggie said.

"Thanks, buddy," Luke said clearly not interest.

"You should maybe circle back..." Reggie started before noticing Luke had moved on.