His Truth

I was sitting on my bed practicing playing my guitar when I heard a knock on my door. I put the guitar back on the stand and opened the door to see my brother Alex. Alex and I were really close and I think part of it is because he's only a year older than I am, but we also talk a lot and are best friends.

"Hey Autumn I need to talk to you about something important," he said sitting down on my bed. 

I could tell he was nervous by the way he was acting. I sat down beside him and smiled at him to try and tell him that everything would be okay.

"What's up?" I asked.

He started to open his mouth but then closed it again, I could tell he was having a hard time trying to say what he wanted to. I was starting to get worried because it had always been really easy for us to talk to one another.

"Is everything okay?  Did you get hurt or something?" I questioned, "You know you can tell me anything."

He took a deep breath before finally looking me in the eyes, "I know and I'm not hurt, I don't think so at least, I...well, something has happened recently and I think that I realized I don't like girls."

"What? Did a girl break your heart or something, do I need to have a talk with someone from our school?" I asked, starting to get angry at the thought of a girl hurting my brother.

"No that's not...that's not what I meant," Alex said getting nervous again, "What I meant was....I uh, I don't like girls at all romantically....I like guys."

I sat in shock for a minute, I didn't really expect that to be what he said. That's when I noticed Alex's face. He looked hurt and that's when I noticed I had been silent for longer than I should have.

"Alex, that's okay, that's great, I hope you didn't think that I wouldn't be supportive of you or that I would suddenly hate you because I don't. I'm happy for you and happy that you are finding out who you are. You never have to be afraid to share who you are with me. You're my brother and I will always love you no matter what," I said wrapping him in a giant hug.

"Thank you," he said. When I pulled away I could see that he was smiling and looked very relieved.

"You don't have to thank me Alex," I replied.

"Yeah, but not everybody's sister would have responded the way you did, and you are the first person I've told and I knew that if you didn't respond well no one else would," He said.

"You're still you Alex, it's not like you're a different person all together, and how could I be upset with you, this just means that we can check guys out together now," I said.

Alex started laughing and then gave me another hug. Which I definitely wasn't going to complain about because Alex hugs are the best hugs. He looked worried again though when I looked at his face.

"What's wrong?" I asked him.

"It's just, even though I was scared for how you would react, I knew you would react the best out of anybody and I'm just really scared to tell mom and dad, and the guys. I don't want them to look at me differently or treat me badly because of who I am."

I frowned at the thought of anyone making Alex upset, he was such a great guy and deserved the world, but I also knew how the world was and maybe the world didn't deserve Alex, "It'll be okay, the guys are amazing and I know they will still see you for you," I said reassuringly.

"Yeah, and what about mom and dad?" he asked.

I signed knowing what our parents view points were and that they probably wouldn't be the happiest about it unfortunately. "No matter what you will always have me," I promised.

"I know, and I'm very thankful for that," He said.

Alex and I talked a little bit more before he left my room to go to bed. I'm glad I'm the person he went to first, I think it'll help him knowing that he definitely has one  person on his side. I stayed up working on a song before finally going to bed for the night.

 A/N: I hope you enjoyed the first chapter of the story, I will get into the actual Jatp story line in the future, I just want to give a little bit of background and show Alex and Autumn's relationship first.