52 - My everything

Start from the beginning

The message, come alone. Was Sánchez fucking thick? I wouldn't come alone, I wasn't stupid. What was his game? A shipyard. Out of the eye of the public, an almost lawless place. Tragic. The man would be dead at twelve.

Sitting back inside the car, I pulled out a cigarette, almost gulping when I thought of Alessia. Ramsay entered my car and told KC of what had happened. They both turned my way, as I rolled the unlit cigarette between my fingers. "Ace, it's a trap." Ramsay spoke up. I looked at him and then at KC. I ran my hand through my hair for what seemed like the hundredth time. "I know it's a fucking trap, but what am I supposed to do? Leave her? Am I just supposed to leave the woman I love at the mercy of fucking Sánchez. And you heard what he said. What he would do to her."

Ramsay tapped his foot as he exhaled slowly and KC scratched her head. They knew how much I loved her and that I was a now at the mercy of Sánchez. Ramsay furrowed his brows and looked across at KC. "Be smart about it. We know it's a trap so let's be fucking smart. She wouldn't want you to fucking die rescuing her you idiot."

He was right, of course he was. I wasn't thinking properly. My mind was racing almost as much as my heart. I rubbed my heavy eyes. "Call every single fucking guard. I want him dead. Torture that bastard, see if he knows anything on Sánchez. Call the snipers and Mariano. Although I doubt he can make it for twelve." I ordered. This was a mission, a rescue mission. I've done it countless times. This was no different.

The plan was set out and almost a dozen SUV's drove ahead to the shipyard. I didn't care about his warning about coming alone. He wouldn't know we were here until it was too late so he couldn't touch Alessia. That bastard of a man didn't talk, he knew nothing so we got rid of him. We were being driven to the shipyard. Ramsay and KC were still with me which I was thankful for. They kept my head straight. Ramsay blabbered on about what an ass I was being which was ridiculous. Meanwhile, KC talked about the different ways she would kill Sánchez which was unlikely because I would be the one to kill him.

As we neared the shipyard, I could see hundreds of shipping containers stacked on top of each other haphazardly. It was a large scale maze. Plenty of places to hide and escape from. Some containers were stacked tall and were plunged in darkness, the perfect vantage point for snipers. Sánchez had the advantage here, he chose the place. Fucking bastard. There were a few boats towards the end of the yard, the river was restless, a storm was brewing. The sky was pitch black, the moon being covered by thick clouds. Just fucking perfect.

I looked out from the dark tinted window of the SUV as we approached the yard. "Remember to stick to the plan. Kill everyone. Save Alessia." I said once again. The car came to a stop and Ramsay turned back to look at me. I looked at him and straightened out my suit jacket. "Save her, she's your priority. That's an order." I nodded at him.

"Yes boss." He sighed as he looked ahead. He was loyal to me but I gave an order and he would obey it. I had no doubt in my mind he would. KC fidgeted in her seat and began to check the clip of her gun. Maybe out of nervousness or to calm herself. I relaxed back into my seat and waited.

My men went ahead and in synchronised movements, they quickly scoured the yard. They were perfectly trained to deal with situations like this and fuck I didn't need to deal with Sánchezs' men. I only wanted his head. Shooting was heard and lights sparked from various directions. I would dare to say it was exciting but it would be more exciting if Alessia were beside me. Of course Sánchez wasn't alone and neither was I. It was predictably at its finest.

The only thing that hindered me was the fact that I didnt know what type of man Sánchez was. Was he clever or crazy? I could take a crazy bastard any day of the week. A clever bastard would take time but I could destroy him nonetheless.